My birthday necklace-18K Gold & Labradorite

Pippi

my stockings are short
Mar 26, 2006
spacer.gif

Every year for my birthday I make myself a necklace with the same number of stone beads as my number of years (43 this year). This year, I decided to use solid 18k yellow gold wire with the labradorite stones, and to make a coiled wire centerpiece. I love how it feels like an ancient necklace, even though it is brand new. Like something you would see in a museum. Here is the result:

anyway, thanks for looking!
Pippi

Attachments

• FebFullMoon1Scaled.jpg
    FebFullMoon1Scaled.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 228
  • FebFullMoon2Scaled.jpg
    FebFullMoon2Scaled.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 166
What a lovely idea, you must have a great collection!

I started doing this for my 40th, so I only have 4 so far, but this year's is the best by far! I'm so hooked on 18k wire! I love the color! I have my eye on some 22k heart shaped granulated beads to make some earrings for valentine's day ( DH and my anniversary - we are such romantics) to match my necklace (I have some faceted tear drop labradorite briolettes that would look stunning hanging off the hearts). So, I have been spending my spare $$ on materials to make jewelry, instead of purses, but I have been having SO MUCH FUN! It is fun for me to share it with you, too!

Gorgeous! Labradorite is such an amazing stone and when you find a good piece the color just glows from within. You did a great job! Maybe I should start making myself a fancy necklace every year. LOL

Thanks all!

I will definitely take pics of the earrings, and my other b-day necklaces, too.

Megan, you should start making necklaces for yourself for your birthday. I only wish I had started earlier! I make them on my actual birthday, so it is part of my celebration. Very fun!