eBay, etc. General Question/Answer Thread

^ You can't post anything here that could serve to promote your items. Check out the forum's rules in the TPF Resource Center/Feedback subforum.

For how-to selling advice, I would check out the websites' (eBay/Bonanza) Selling Tips and research what other sellers with similar items are doing. You could also look for and read the threads that have been started on that topic here. Good luck! :smile:

Why did I get this message when I tried to put something up for sale???

" Attention Seller:

Thank you for choosing eBay.

In order to help maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on accounts. To list this item, you will need to provide verifying information through PayPal. This higher level of verification is designed to help maintain safety in the marketplace and enhance buyer confidence and security.

1) For instructions on how to provide the necessary verifying information through PayPal, please click on your country of eBay registration below.

2) If you already have a verified PayPal account, and are still receiving this message, please link your PayPal account to your eBay account.

For instructions on how to become PayPal Verified or how to link your PayPal account to your eBay account, please click on the site of your eBay registration below:

Australia | Austria | Belgium - Dutch | Belgium - French | Canada | Canada - French | France | Germany | Hong Kong | Ireland | Italy | Malaysia | Netherlands | Philippines | Poland | Singapore | Spain | Switzerland | United Kingdom | United States

We sincerely value you as a member of our trading community and look forward to a continued successful relationship with you.

Click here for more information on the PayPal Verification process.

Click here for more information on limits that may affect your selling activity."

I know that selling limits are sometimes put on accounts that sell designer items, but this one is saying I'm not verified. I am verified on Paypal and my Paypal account is linked to ebay. What do they want me to do?

Hi all,

I vaguely remember reading something, somewhere that advised against sellers making counteroffers when a lowball offer is received through BIN/OBO since no new offers can be made by other buyers while the counter offer is pending. I looked on eBay and can't find answers either way. Does anyone know?

TIA.

So I sold some stuff to Mexico and the lady says she never received it. It's been 12 business days. Do you think I should offer a refund? How long do people usually wait for first class international mail to arrive before giving up and just giving the buyer back the money?

i shipped something with signature confirmation and the buyer said they received it but usps says it is still waiting at the post office. its been a few days and i was wondering if usps usually ends up updating it eventually? i was just wondering since ebay holds funds until delivery is proven.

Okay, my question for the day. This is regarding the same item I send a question about earlier in the week. I have a buyer who lives in France but is having the item sent to her son in NY since he will be visiting her in France very soon. The address is unconfirmed and when I contacted her about this I recieved this reply:

About the confirmed address I did not know what that is and just checked on the internet. The thing is that I'm french and live both in Florida and France.I wont be in the US before May, so I wanted to send it to my son, who lives in NY because he will be coming in France soon.Anyway, I don't know how to confirm the address and apparently I don't think I can because the address is not the same as the credit card (if I got it, it must be the same right?).What can I do to make you feel comfortable? Do you want me to send you any proof or I don't know whatever you want?Also, why is it so important that the address must be confirmed?

I guess my question is, do you think it would be okay to send it to her son? I guess I'm worried about the item being lost or me being scammed. Does anybody have experience with this?

Okay, my question for the day. This is regarding the same item I send a question about earlier in the week. I have a buyer who lives in France but is having the item sent to her son in NY since he will be visiting her in France very soon. The address is unconfirmed and when I contacted her about this I recieved this reply:

About the confirmed address I did not know what that is and just checked on the internet. The thing is that I'm french and live both in Florida and France.I wont be in the US before May, so I wanted to send it to my son, who lives in NY because he will be coming in France soon.Anyway, I don't know how to confirm the address and apparently I don't think I can because the address is not the same as the credit card (if I got it, it must be the same right?).What can I do to make you feel comfortable? Do you want me to send you any proof or I don't know whatever you want?Also, why is it so important that the address must be confirmed?

I guess my question is, do you think it would be okay to send it to her son? I guess I'm worried about the item being lost or me being scammed. Does anybody have experience with this?

I have experience with living between two countries. I think that unless you are picking up other vibes from her that make you uneasy, it should be safe. It seems reasonable and normal to me. I split my time between the US and Turkey and often have things shipped to family members in the US. OTOH, I also have confirmed at least one of those addresses on PP in order to avoid exactly this issue...

This sounds like the "send it to my hotel" scam.

can a seller change the shipping price after they tell me that it will be a certain price, and then give an invoice with that price? the seller told me the shipping was going to be $15 for priority and $20 for express. i told her i was going to do the express since it's only $5 extra... they then asked me if i wanted to avoid fees by not going through paypal, and going through "chase person to person payment". i declined that. after i declined, she then told me that she's changing the express price to $28 instead. i think this is because i declined to avoid HER fees by using paypal. i then told her i was only going to do priority. can she do this??

There is a common scam where the buyer has you send to a third party and the claims INR with PayPal. You are not protected unless you send it to the address PayPal has on file for that account. They could add their son's address to their PayPal account and then pay so that it would then be associated (if they already paid, they would need to cancel payment, add the address, and then repay). You would then have to see if PayPal says: "Ok to ship."