Books & Music Opening Dance For A Wedding

Jan 23, 2006
Opening Dance | Attuworld check this one out !

Are you married? Have you been married? Are you planning on getting married sometime around the year 2018? You probably want a nice party or you had one.

It usually starts with an opening dance. What kind of song would you like to start your party with? I have to admit our opening dance was "I'm so excited" by the Pointer Sisters and the party started off just the way we wanted it.
But there are more original songs to start your party with.

And now I still want to know what song you opened your wedding party with, or what song you want it to open with...Please share

Ah that's funky & cool, they are well coordinated & having fun, LOL good omen!! Wish I could remember what we had the first dance to, sorry I can't but it was absolutely & for sure the traditional waltz! LOL
Think for the next time :wtf: I will have "Search for the hero inside yourself":roflmfao: :roflmfao:

That's so cool!

I'm single, but when I get married, I'd want my first dance with my husband to be to "You're The First, The Last, My Everything" by Barry White. Either that or "Your Song" by Elton John.

When my cousin got married, their first song was "Hooked on A Feeling." (The version with the ooga chackas in it.)

Geez, I don't remember. We had 2 bands, one blues band consisting of 5 African-American men whose average age was about 65. These guys played real blues, not yuppie crap. Then we had an Irish band consisting of 4 drunk Irishmen. Everyone danced all night, there was something for everyone!

I want to bump and grind to that song "I Want to #*&%* You Like an Animal" in front of all 70 of our planned wedding guests...classy, don't ya think?!?!

LMAO Seriously I looove the song by Lifehouse called "You and Me"...I think it is so beautiful! ;)

Did any of you do the father / daughter dance? What song was it? Or what would you like to dance with your father to?

(I'd like to dance with my dad to "Penny Lane" by The Beatles.)

I want to bump and grind to that song "I Want to #*&%* You Like an Animal" in front of all 70 of our planned wedding guests...classy, don't ya think?!?!

LMAO Seriously I looove the song by Lifehouse called "You and Me"...I think it is so beautiful! ;)
Haha! That would be "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails.

VERY appropriate for a wedding, "You let me violate you."

If you wanted to still use Nine Inch Nails but still keep the romance, how 'bout "Perfect Drug?"

Seriously, Lifehouse's "You and Me" is beautiful!

Haha! That would be Closer by Nine Inch Nails.

VERY appropriate for a wedding, "You let me violate you."

If you wanted to still use Nine Inch Nails but still keep the romance, how 'bout "Perfect Drug?"

Seriously, Lifehouse's "You and Me" is beautiful!

I can just picture Grandma swaying to the rythm...LMAO!!

**Seriously, though, for my dad/daughter dance, I want to dance to "Landslide" by Stevie Nicks :smile: He loves her music and that is one of my fav songs!

Ladies, PLEASE don't use Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" or Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together" as a wedding song! THey're both about breaking up!

"If I should go, I would only be in the way" and "When you left I lost a part of me"? That's not very weddingy.

And for the dance with your father, please don't use Luther Vandross's "Dance With My Father" because in the lyrics, the father is dead. That's not a very happy song.

We were married in Athens Greece in July of 2003, and afterwards we had our reception at a club on a hill overlooking the Agean Sea. It was absolutely breathtaking! The song we danced to Come What May, from the movie Moulin Rouge. Singing were Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor...it was magical...in front of 215 of our closest friends and family! :love: :love: :girlsigh:

------------ISLAND
------------ISLAND