What's your opinion of the fur trend

^

The fashion for fur hit the big time in the late 20s/early 30s when the loss of a whole generation of European men was felt after WWII.

The ideas behind this fashion were not that the 'fur coat says you have power, literally over the animal' but that women harnessed the power of the animal, resourceful, wily, 'wild' and ironically a survivor.

love fur and have vintage items handed down by my grandmother (Eastern European so lots of fur going around in the family). I get people's point of view that refuse to wear it as long as they leave me alone with their extreme ways of informing everyone. as long as we stay respectful, fine by me.

can't stand faux fur myself but then I don't like pleather either. all too plasticy.

personally I see no connection between animals I eat and using their skins only, because indeed either way an animal dies.

Last edited:
love fur and have vintage items handed down by my grandmother (Eastern European so lots of fur going around in the family). I get people's point of view that refuse to wear it as long as they leave me alone with their extreme ways of informing everyone. as long as we stay respectful, fine by me.

can't stand faux fur myself but then I don't like pleather either. all too plasticy.

personally I see no connection between animals I eat and using their skins only, because indeed either way an animal dies.

Well said! I'm exactly the same as you! I adore real fur too and the fake stuff... well it's fake... would you carry a fake handbag??? Er no so why wear a fake fur!

Your so right too... I don't get the connection... and also people are sooo hypocritical... just because its furry its wrong... yet they wear or use products tested on animals!

WSG xxx