Keeping Your Light-Colored MJ Clean

Frances Bean

Nov 13, 2006
So I went to Nordies to buy a chloe edith in maize... which is a light yellow color. I absolutely love this bag and was thrilled when it came out because I thought it was a great alternative to a butter yellow MJ (I have an MP and an elise, don't care for the blake or classic hobo, and don't like buying the same bag 2x)

Anyway while I had it in my hands, a bright white caught my eye. The Venetia! Guess I am truly an MJ girl. An SA approached me and I told her I wanted it. She went to get it from the back and I started thinking, what if it becomes filthy? Obviously I won't be able to use it on a day to day basis. But I would like a light colored bag for spring. Then I started thinking, what if I regret my purchase and wished I got the chloe instead? But paying 1310 instead of 1275 just becuase it has an ugly messenger strap which I'll never use annoys me. Anyway I ran out before the SA came back to avoid making another impulsive purchase which I would most likely regret :shame:

I'm so indecisive. But I've been a really good girl and havn't bought a bag since September (not including my stam that I returned) and I'm starting to feel a need for something new. Besides, I bought my 1st MJ last Valentine's day and I feel I should make it a tradition:devil:

Anway, how do your ivory, white chiffon, etc MJ's hold up??

That's some willpower you have! I'm a sucker and tend to buy and then think later...

For lighter color bags, I think if you clean them regularly, at least weekly, you're bag will stay white. I wouldn't let the color put me off from using it daily. At the price we're paying, we deserve to use it every day!

I have a white Stella, and haven't had trouble keeping it clean. I store it in the dustbag when not in use, and never set it on the ground... but then, I am ultra careful with all my bags. All of them look like they just came off the display shelf. So I guess it really depends on how rough you are on your bags in general.

I store it in the dustbag when not in use, and never set it on the ground... but then, I am ultra careful with all my bags.

Yeah that's how I care for my other MJ's and they're all dark colors. You guys clean your white bags regularly to keep them looking good? That sounds too high maintainence for me. I wouldnt have the patience for that. =/

It's not too high maintenance for me. It sounds fantastic, thanks. I'm thinking of getting a cream-ish Chloe'. (Sorry, for the record, I want two new MJs and have one!)