Your fave red lipstick?

I don't have one yet, but have been coveting a red lipstick lately. I think I'm going to purchase the YSL Rouge Pur Couture lipstick in the Sephora Exclusive shade which is a gorgeous red.

right now i'm wearing mostly NARS -

jungle red
red lizard
and manhunt for when i just want a little bit of colour but still red.

really tempted to try some of the tom ford colours :thinking:

+1 for Guerlain. I have the Rouge G in Grenade and Guerlinade. They are amazing.

right now i'm wearing mostly NARS -

jungle red
red lizard
and manhunt for when i just want a little bit of colour but still red.

really tempted to try some of the tom ford colours :thinking:

Haha, I love the name Manhunt! :roflmfao:

I haven't tried NARS yet, how long wearing is it? Does it dry your lips?

Chanel Shanghai Red and unused Nars Scarlet Empress,w/c upon reading this thread, hurriedly tried the Nars. Bingo, just like some Nars cosmetics that I have, love the intense color. Got a compliment from DH just right now, the 1st time I applied LOL

LOL Kittie, I bought all my Nars when we went to NYC last 2008:P But I think I've read this store in Amsterdam http://www.skinscosmeticlounge.nl had Nars in the past, if I'm not mistaken. I want to go to this store too but don't have the time LOL But they have stores in Rotterdam, Breda and Groningen. So, if ever you'll come in one of these places, try to have a look. I'm happy they have Laura Mercier too, love this product also.

Another gorgeous Red is Chanel's Rouge Allure in Passion (#14). A nice plus is that DBF is much easier to convince that I need it if it has a gimmicky packaging like the Rouge Allure or Rouge G. :P

LOL Kittie, I bought all my Nars when we went to NYC last 2008:P But I think I've read this store in Amsterdam http://www.skinscosmeticlounge.nl had Nars in the past, if I'm not mistaken. I want to go to this store too but don't have the time LOL But they have stores in Rotterdam, Breda and Groningen. So, if ever you'll come in one of these places, try to have a look. I'm happy they have Laura Mercier too, love this product also.

Nars isn't sold in stores anymore here in Germany. Don't ask me why. They decided to remove themself from our market. :shrugs: I'll check out the link since online is my only chance to get it.

Haha, I love the name Manhunt! :roflmfao:

I haven't tried NARS yet, how long wearing is it? Does it dry your lips?

:lol: it was pretty much all i wore for two years, and when i thought i lost it i replaced it and then found it and they're both still the closest to using up a lipstick i've ever gotten. that one isn't drying at all but it's not super long wearing - but the formula is forgiving enough that i can apply it easily without a mirror. jungle red is a little more intense and less moist, and i find red dragon the driest out of all of them but also the most intense.

Round and round...I'm stunned. Shanghai red is my favorite but I didn't mention it because Chanel discontinued it. It's a pink based red that's great for yellow based skins.

Scarlet Empress is my DD's favorite. I didn't mention that because I though OP wanted something lighter.
You have great taste in red l/s colors!

But frankly...the Chanel choices are less of a gamble because they tend to look good on most people. I believe they choose more neutral tones that will suit a wider segment of the l/s wearing population.