Driving Pet Peeves

Nov 18, 2010
We all have them. Those things that make you crazy when you see other people do them on the road.

My personal worst is probably the "I am going >3 miles an hour on a side street looking for a spot on the left side... I mean right side. I mean left. Oops, now the right, and am oblivious to any traffic trying to get on their way behind me" driver.

That KILLS me.

What drives you nuts when you are driving?

Mainly people who tailgate me within the city, especially in this bad weather. There are a lot of stationary radar machines in the city so I drive the speed limit (50km/h) but there are plenty of idiots who know exactly where those things are and will zoom through with 80 and then will slam on the breaks when they near one of those things. I drive with my kids in the car and the last thing I want is some ass to slam into the back of me because the roads are icy.

Oh... and when people don't go when it's green. I count... 1...(long pause)... 2...(short pause)...3! and then honk ;)

^Good one. I see so many people with THEIR seatbelts on, but their kids are jumping around in the back seat. Idiots.
I can't stand people that pull out in front of me and then go about 10 mph. Or the ones that pull out in front of me to just slam on their brakes to turn. Or people that use their blinker as they're turning instead of before they turn.

all of my driving pet peeves fall into one of two categories...people that are over confident and drive like theyre mad and expect everyone else to deal with it, or people that are under confident and cant make a decision and hold up traffic in the mean time...especially when it comes to changing lanes and merging. drive me nuts!

People who use their cell phones for any reason while driving (talking, texting, taking pictures). No one is that important. I don't care who you are, what you do, or who you think you are. Putting other people's safty at risk is not okay. Pull over before using the phone!

I said this in the General pet peeve thread lol. I encountered a driver who drove w/ the lights off... I kept mumbling to myself that I hope you get pulled over bc it was dark enough, like 6 pm, and everyone else had their lights on except you.

Oh, and people who cut you off abruptly and don't use their blinkers. At least use your blinkers, you *******. And even those who have their blinkers on for TOO long piss me off too. It's like are you going to change lanes or not?

Don't get me going with this thread:amuse:..I should copy and paste all of my peeves in the Pet Peeve thread over to here..most are driving related..ugh.(I've been commuting long distance to work for the past two years and its really changed me..lol)

Don't get me going with this thread:amuse:..I should copy and paste all of my peeves in the Pet Peeve thread over to here..most are driving related..ugh.(I've been commuting long distance to work for the past two years and its really changed me..lol)

Wow, that really sucks that you have to commute long dist! How long? I hate driving so much I would much rather... bike or take the metro or public transportation to school or work, except we don't have any of that in Dallas. I am sure you have a long list of pet peeves b/c of your experience! Lol.