Quick Q-The difference between Glace and Mat?

Oct 13, 2006
ok LV gurus, can some one enlight me on what is the difference between Glace, Mat(t?)? I know they are both discontinued along w/Black Damier, but i can't really tell the difference between Glace and Mat when i see the pix from karenkooper's site:sweatdrop:

Hi, I try to answer your question but never feel I'm a guru :P just by I've mat & glace. I'll post you the pic.

First time to see them, I can't see the difference till I compared them.

Mat is more shiny than Glace, but no as shiny as vernis.
Mat has more smooth surface ( ooh, I'm a bit confuse how to explain:P , see my pics )

Pic 1 = glace
Pic 2 = mat

Attachments

• Glace Valisette  ( thumbnail ) ( back ).JPG
    Glace Valisette ( thumbnail ) ( back ).JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 149
  • Matt Malden.jpg
    Matt Malden.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 149
Glacé is my favourite material. I never got into the Mat material.

Basically, Glacé feels like a plush real leather material, with the LV's embossed onto the leather. It is a real pleasure to the touch.

Mat is alot smoother (but when I say smooth, I mean it like a steel wall smooth) and doesn't have that same leather texture. It doesn't feel like real leather at all. * As you can tell, I'm not the greatest fan of Mat material :P *

I was soooooooo pissed off when they discontinued Glacé but hopefully, either they'll bring it back or they'll be the next "big" thing :yes:

sorry...what's black damier? :confused1:

This is the only bag on eBay at the moment from the Damier Vernis line... it's called the Ange GM: eBay: AUTHENTIC LOUIS VUITTON BLACK DAMIER VERNIS ANGE GM BAG (item 190073807881 end time Jan-28-07 05:21:56 PST)

DSC00067-9.jpg