Food Favorite Foreign Food

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
Do you have any favorite dishes from different countries.

English:
Bangers and Mash
Christmas Pudding (topped with Ambrosia custard)
Fish and Chips
Scones with Clotted Cream and Jam
Mince Pie

(I used to occasionally make fun of British cooking, using the stereotype that the British boil everything. I'd put on this English accent and go, "This dish is bland and tasteless. It's PERFECT!")

French:
Coq au Vin
anything involving Canard
Bœuf bourguignon
Creme Brulee
anything involving Brie

Indian:
Chicken Tikka Marsala
Plain Naan
Tandoori Chicken
Indian Rice Pudding

Chinese:
Jiaozi (steamed dumplings)
Peking Duck
Wanton
Naihuangbao (steamed custard buns)

My favourite food is Persian, followed by Italian and then French, I love French for a nice special occasion but if it's just a normal Saturday I would always go for Italian as it;s not so rich. Sometimes I just love good old English grub though! Shepherds pie, bangers and mash, steak and kidney pub, sticky toffee pudding...

Oh, this thread is making me hungry!

Bread and cheese from France
Swiss chocolate (esp. the ones with Kirsch brandy in them, oh!!!)
Greek gyro (ate one in the farmer's market in Athens once and it was amazing; never equaled)
German licorice

Mmmmm!

My favourite food is Persian, followed by Italian and then French, I love French for a nice special occasion but if it's just a normal Saturday I would always go for Italian as it;s not so rich. Sometimes I just love good old English grub though! Shepherds pie, bangers and mash, steak and kidney pub, sticky toffee pudding...

We must have the same taste. My favorite is Parsian especially a Spinach and beef dish I make. Runner up is Steak and Kidney Pie except it is so difficult to find the kidneys. Has anyone ever tried Yorkshire Pudding (not a sweet dish)? I also love Greek and Turkish food except I have yet to find Turkish food that is the same as over there.

Okay, now I'm really hungry.:rolleyes:

Oh, this thread is making me hungry!

Bread and cheese from France
Swiss chocolate (esp. the ones with Kirsch brandy in them, oh!!!)
Greek gyro (ate one in the farmer's market in Athens once and it was amazing; never equaled)
German licorice

Mmmmm!

oh yes greek gyro greek salad ,mousaka ,tzatziki ouffffffffff i love greek food ,:crybaby:miss it

Indian/pakistani food:

Biryani (fish)
Shrimp curry (or potato/spinach)
*West indian curries with lentil stuffed rotis.
Suji (sp?) halwa

Japanese
Sushi

Chinese (loads of stuff)

Moroccan
Couscous and Tajine
Fava bean soup
Moroccan sweet chicken