Hermes cashmere scarf/shawl

toreilly

Feb 1, 2006
Hi ladies,

If you are owners of Hermes cashmere scarves, where are your scarves made? Mine says made in scotland but I wonder if some are made in france or other countries.

Thanks, to

I received a Jungle Love Cashmere Shawl for Christmas (thanks to my DH!). It's 65% cashmere/35% silk and Made in France.

Maybe different styles are made in different countries?

Hi ladies,

If you are owners of Hermes cashmere scarves, where are your scarves made? Mine says made in scotland but I wonder if some are made in france or other countries.

Thanks, to

I'd love to know which one you have. It's so interesting that the scarves are made in different places.

I'd love to know which one you have. It's so interesting that the scarves are made in different places.

I have the standard cashmere scarf with fringes at the end and the insignia embroidered at one end. It's a dark grey color - without any patterns. The size is approx 50"x70" or so...I'll need to go remeasure it to make sure. But it's the standard muffler that they sell.

I'll make a small attempt. Everything that is 100% cashmere is from Scotland. I personally consider Soctland to be the best place for cashmere products as in scarves, throws, sweaters etc. Names like Pringle and Ballantyne comes to mind, Italian names aren't chopped liver either, I just prefer Scottish cashmere. Cashmere is sent to France from Scotland and is loomed in the mills with silk to take in the colors and that is for the 55"x55" 140x140cm cashmere shawl/scarf which is why the tag says Made in France. Hope this helps.

how much do the cashmere shawls with fringe typically run?

I have the standard cashmere scarf with fringes at the end and the insignia embroidered at one end. It's a dark grey color - without any patterns. The size is approx 50"x70" or so...I'll need to go remeasure it to make sure. But it's the standard muffler that they sell.