Balenciaga Courier/Purse, Want Your Opinions!

alindamay

Oct 16, 2006
Hey everyone. Do you think a courier would be a good bag for day trips/work/school bag? Or more importantly do you think it will be handle a lot of throwing around/weight or would you just recommend a plain tote? If I get this it's going to have to withstand a beating. Any thoughts? Balenciaga courier or just a plain old bag for every day stuff?

Oh and a side questions. Is the purse the bag with the longest handles (besides day/courier)? Thanks again everyone!!

I love my Courier -- but I agree its not the "heavy books" bag. However, I love it because I put in a few books, gym clothes, water and on occassion my laptop in its sleeve and it holds everything quite nicely.

I don't think the Courier can take a beating so you may want to get another bag. As to over the shoulders, the purse is a very good over the shoulder bag but I don't know about the length of the handles. If you want something over the shoulders, the day may be a better choice considering the way it slouches.

Thanks for your opinions everyone!! They will be taken into great consideration as to whether I will be getting the courier or purse. :yes:

welp, i've had both & i don't think the purse would work as a book bag :girlsigh:...i think the courier would be a much better choice for that...but you should also consider the work style too...below's a photo of my grenat work & also the emerald purse i sold ;)

Attachments

• EEXKKKUE67MM.jpg
    EEXKKKUE67MM.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 205
  • DSCF2574 REV.jpg
    DSCF2574 REV.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 198
I have seen copies of the Day and the Shrug also -- if we held to the idea that we would never buy a bag that wasn't copied, we would be reduced to using Hefty bags with leather straps!

The courrier is great and roomy, but I wouldn't overload it. I worry about the stress on the folded leather straps that attach the handle. I also worry about the paint on the edges of the leather seams to crack under the stress. The courrier is fab for hand luggage on a plane or an overnighter.