Has anyone seen the Rock & Chain in person?

I saw one... but I think there are a few variations. Also, the one I saw had plain leather... no weaving or anything, so it wasn't as pretty as the one in your picture. It's a very "ballish" shape, very round, and I think if you were to stuff it, it will lose it's nice, droopy shape. It's hand held. I didn't put my name down for it.

Very interesting bag. Looks like it would definitely not go over a shoulder - I wonder if you could carry it on your arm?

This bag looks very similar to the Outdoor Ligne Messenger/Hobo in Large. I have it in navy. When I carry it by hand it looks exactly like the picture. But you can easily swing it over your shoulder and even put the bulk of the bag behind you so you don't feel the bag under your arm. When it is sitting on a table it has a "football" shape.

It is the most unassuming bag when you see it IRL. When I was at the store I just kind of glanced over the bag. But the SA showed me all the different ways to carry it and I fell in love. It is a great casual bag and can fit a ton! Almost as much as my MC tote. But FYI is it an unstructured bag.

I'm so glad to see them bringing this shape out again. It is really unique and different for Chanel.

I'll try to snap somes pics from the front and side later.