Fake Ebay E-Mail

jayjay77

O.G.
Nov 13, 2006
Just wanted to warn people -- I just got a fake e-mail noting that my Ebay account was going to be suspended. The people who send the e-mail try to get you to enter your account info to "fix" the problem, but than have access to your account. Ebay security confirmed it was a fraudlent e-mail. Be careful with any e-mails from Ebay!

I got this email too... It was in my Ebay inbox from someone who had a question on an item for sale. The email said they tried to bid on the item, but couldn't because I was suspended. The link went to a page that looked like Ebay, and asked for my password, but I figured out right away it was a fraud. A few hours later, I got an email from Ebay saying that I probably got a suspicious email. BE CAREFUL!

I got this email too... It was in my Ebay inbox from someone who had a question on an item for sale. The email said they tried to bid on the item, but couldn't because I was suspended. The link went to a page that looked like Ebay, and asked for my password, but I figured out right away it was a fraud. A few hours later, I got an email from Ebay saying that I probably got a suspicious email. BE CAREFUL!
I haven't heard of that one! :cursing:

Thanks jayjay77 - and don't forget that any Ebay emails should also be in your messages box on My Ebay. If they aren't there - then they are fake.

Thanks dcgal! This subject comes up so often that I just thought it might be helpful if your excellent comment were repeated in big red letters.