Dog Friendly Places in California??

hmwe46

why bother
O.G.
Jun 27, 2006
Just wondering if any of you Cali gals know of great dog friendly places in California??

Specifically I would love a recommendation for a great Inn where we can take the girls. We have a tried a few places in Mendocino (Little River Inn ROCKS!!! :nuts:) but we'd love some new venues for dog travel across the state.

Also, if you know any great Main St areas or towns where dogs are made welcome, that would be great to know too.

Carmel is an awesomely dog friendly place, we go there lots.

Any other recommendations would be terrific! :cutesy:

Just wondering if any of you Cali gals know of great dog friendly places in California??

Specifically I would love a recommendation for a great Inn where we can take the girls. We have a tried a few places in Mendocino (Little River Inn ROCKS!!! :nuts:) but we'd love some new venues for dog travel across the state.

Also, if you know any great Main St areas or towns where dogs are made welcome, that would be great to know too.

Carmel is an awesomely dog friendly place, we go there lots.

Any other recommendations would be terrific! :cutesy:

Try going to DogFriendly.com(TM) - Pet Travel Guides and City Guides for Dog/Pet Owners

They have a lot of good recommendations.

Kimpton Hotels are dog/pet friendly, just stayed in one on Union Square in SF. I didnt have a pet, but the pets there seemed to be enjoying themselves! Use code TPL to get a discount and the hotel donates to Trust for Public Land!

Santa Barbara is the most pet-friendly place I know! Look at Fess Parker's Doubletree in SB. It's ON the beach, and a short bike ride or shuttle ride (you can ride the electric shuttle from the hotel to the downtown area for $0.25) to State Street, where all of the shops/restaurants are. There is a dog-friendly beach (it's actually an off-leash beach) about 5 minutes from the Doubletree. And while dogs aren't allowed inside the restaurants, most restaurants on State St. have outdoor patios where you can attach the dog's leash and have them sit right next to you.

PM me if you want any more SB info...I lived there most of my life, and miss it so much. :flowers:

Coronado has a great dog beach. And near San Diego, there's Fiesta Island. It's about 1 mile by 1 mile area of the island that's fenced in where you can walk leash free and let all the doggies romp. It's a grand ol' puppy time!