What's In a Name? The Fanny!!!

Would you buy a bag with a potentially embarrassing, double entendre name?

• Yes, an embarrassing name would put me off buying a bag I otherwise loved.

• No, a slightly dodgy, double entendre name would not bother me at all, if I loved a bag.

• Yes, the name would bother me slightly, but I'd still buy the bag, if I loved it enough.

• A funny name would make me love the bag even more!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

chloehandbags

ChloéClutchCollector
O.G.
Mar 23, 2006
I've been meaning to post this for a while.

My favourite new Spring '07 Chloe bag is the Fanny Clutch; which is a perfectly respectable looking, soft bow clutch (No. 41 under Accessories Spring '07 on the Chloe website). Out of the two colour combinations shown for the Fanny, I'd probably get it in the black/gold combo (the one that the shoulderbag version is shown in).

I know that in the US, Fanny means butt (which is, I suppose, bad enough!). But, even worse, in the UK it means.....ahem.....a lady's 'front bottom'!!! :lol:

My question is this:

If you really liked a bag, would a potentially embarrassing, double entendre (double meaning) name put you off buying it? :shrugs:

Whoops! :shame:

I asked the question above the poll, in the wrong way and I can't edit it. :rolleyes:

When you vote, please answer the question in the post, above.

Thank you! :flowers:

:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

OMG....so funny!

Ok, if i really liked a bag with a slightly unusual name, it wouldn't put me off buying it...tbh, i'd probably enjoy telling my friends that i'd just bought a fanny bag!:nuts:

Oh...imagine the looks.:graucho:

:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

OMG....so funny!

Ok, if i really liked a bag with a slightly unusual name, it wouldn't put me off buying it...tbh, i'd probably enjoy telling my friends that i'd just bought a fanny bag!:nuts:

Oh...imagine the looks.:graucho:

HeHeHe!!! :lol:

Great ice-breaker at parties.

I'd finally be able to go up to people and say; 'Do you like my Fanny?' without getting an ASBO!!! ;)

Just a joke, BTW! I don't really do that at parties.....I'm always far too busy adjusting my strategically placed crossed belts! :lol:

ETA: Just realised that this post will mean very little to most of the people outside the UK, sorry!

ASBO stands for Anti-Social Behaviour Order and we have a celebrity here called Jodie Marsh, who used to insist on going to events wearing little more than two crossed belts (she's in the Celebrity Boobs Oops thread, if anyone's interested!).

LOL! Fanny means butt in the US? Really? The Americans had to go completely against the English, didn't they?

Anyway, surely Chloe could have come up with a better name? :amuse: If I loved the bag, then no I wouldn't be put off buying it. I might give it another name though.

That clutch is so cute! How much???!!!

I've been meaning to post this for a while.

My favourite new Spring '07 Chloe bag is the Fanny Clutch; which is a perfectly respectable looking, soft bow clutch (No. 41 under Accessories Spring '07 on the Chloe website). Out of the two colour combinations shown for the Fanny, I'd probably get it in the black/gold combo (the one that the shoulderbag version is shown in).

I know that in the US, Fanny means butt (which is, I suppose, bad enough!). But, even worse, in the UK it means.....ahem.....a lady's 'front bottom'!!! :lol:

My question is this:

If you really liked a bag, would a potentially embarrassing, double entendre (double meaning) name put you off buying it? :shrugs:

Gosh, I'm having a devil of a time finding this item on the Chloe webpage. I can only pull up clothes? Can you help me query better? Post a link? Or better yet a picture? This bag sounds adorable.

^ I'm afraid I can't link you directly there, as the link only takes you to the homepage.

But, here's how to get there:

1. Click on this link to get to the homepage: CHLOE

2. From there, click on the 'collections' link on the top left of the page.

3. There should be a menu on the right hand side of the page that appears. About half way down it, it should say it says 'Accessories' and below that, it should say 'Spring '07'; click on that link.

4. You should then be taken to a slideshow of bags, shoes, wallets and sunglasses.

5. Click on 'next' on the bottom right of the page, underneath the images, to flick though the images, until you reach image no. 41 (the 'chained Fanny' is in image no.42).

6. For the name and materials used, click on 'VIEW DETAILED INFORMATION' on the top right of the page.

Hope this helps! :biggrin:

^ I'm afraid I can't link you directly there, as the link only takes you to the homepage.

But, here's how to get there:

1. Click on this link to get to the homepage: CHLOE

2. From there, click on the 'collections' link on the top left of the page.

3. There should be a menu on the right hand side of the page that appears. About half way down it, it should say it says 'Accessories' and below that, it should say 'Spring '07'; click on that link.

4. You should then be taken to a slideshow of bags, shoes, wallets and sunglasses.

5. Click on 'next' on the bottom right of the page, underneath the images, to flick though the images, until you reach image no. 41 (the 'chained Fanny' is in image no.42).

6. For the name and materials used, click on 'VIEW DETAILED INFORMATION' on the top right of the page.

Hope this helps! :biggrin:

Oh thank you accessories, dah that would be right! You took allot of time to explain and that was very generous of you.

I really loved last season's Valentino's bow purses, so much so I bought two. I love chain handles just as much as bows and subsequently I purchased a chain handled Betty.

So I'm a goner for this new bag, especially number 43, hell I'd buy the clutch and the chain handle. I think they're drop dead. Don't flame me but I like them as much as the Paddy.:nuts:

Are you reading new brand team at Chloe!! HOME RUN.

Oh thank you accessories, dah that would be right! You took allot of time to explain and that was very generous of you.

No problem! :biggrin:

I just realised that I said that the menu was on the right hand side of the page, when it's obviously on the left! :rolleyes:

Hope I didn't confuse you!!! :shame:

I really loved last season's Valentino's bow purses, so much so I bought two. I love chain handles just as much as bows and subsequently I purchased a chain handled Betty.

So I'm a goner for this new bag, especially number 43, hell I'd buy the clutch and the chain handle. I think they're drop dead. Don't flame me but I like them as much as the Paddy.:nuts:

Me, too. :yes:

I like the chain handle too, although, I wish it was longer. :shrugs: