How to clean Epi?

purseyue

Jan 13, 2007
Hi All,

I am new here :rolleyes:

I am not sure if this has been posted, sorry if it is a repost (I couldn't find it using the search function).

Anyway, I have recently fallen in love with the Epi, but also want to know if it gets dirty easily. And what are the ways to clean your Epi collection? :yes:

I hope I have my thread at the right place, any help is appreciated :smile:

I have a lot of Epi pieces most of them are dark but I do clean them with a damp microfiber cloth lightly sprayed with Lexol leather cleaner. It has not harmed any of my Epi Pieces at all. I have been doing this for over 10 years with no problems.:flowers:

I think the darker colours tend not to get dirty easily whereas the lighter colours such as lilac, vanilla or the upcoming white epi may be prone to dirt/marks. You can easily clean epi leather with just a damp cloth (w/ water) or using babywipes.

HTH! :flowers:

I would use a damp cloth with just water unless the dirt was extensive. Epi doesn't hold dirt nearly as much as other LV line such as the cloth lines (Mini and Mini Lin, fur) and the suede like materials.

Great tips- I have a lilac epi noe, the outside is clean but the inside is a bit dirty at the very top. Does anyone know if the baby wipes would work on the inside or have any other ideas on how to clean it. thanks

WOw,

Thanks for all the tips!

Thanks all for the welcoming to the TPF :smile:

I am thinking of getting the red epi speedy 25.....still deciding though....

That epi red is just sooo gorgeous!:love:

For my epi alma, I use an old toothbrush and some mild soap and just lightly scrub the epi leather to remove dirt that are stuck in between the creases. Then I use Brasso to polish up the hardware.

Welcome to tPF!