Brrr.....need new silk comforter

honu

O.G.
Jan 6, 2006
It's been really cold here and I want to get a new silk comforter. I used to have down but I prefer silk. I was looking at this one: Silk Comforters - Imperial Delight

Anyone have any recs for buying online? My parents usually bring a silk comforter from Asia but they're not going to be back until the summer so that will be too late.

I LOVE silk comforters with silk batting. Very warm and not heavy, like blankets.

I haven't bought any online, though, so I can't be helpful.

Good luck in your quest!

I have both and personally use my down one always and may throw the silk one on top. The silk one is very heavy and doesn't hold heat as well but it is so soft to the touch! I bought my silk one at Pottery Barn a couple years ago.

I live in the east coast. I find silk comforter does not keep me warm enough during winter. I am referring to the real silk comforter which I purchased from the silk factory in China. It is good for fall, but not for winter. Perhaps it is warm enough for the balmy weather in the west coast.

To keep myself adequately warm in winter, I use my European white goose down comforter. It is 100% down and has a very high packing/fill density. In terms of warmth, it is equivalent to three, 100% silk comforter. In terms of weight, I find my goose comforter very comfortable.

Therefore, I recommend you consider a high fill density goose down comforter instead of a silk comforter if you live in a cold climate area. If you still want to consider silk comforter, make sure that you purchase a larger size than advertised. The queen size silk comforter from China is equivalent to a full size in US. Similarly, the king size from China is equivalent to a queen size in US.

I do not recommend buying comforters online unless returns are allowed. I prefer to touch and feel the fabric in order to be sure what I am purchasing is exactly what I want and need.

To add to the needed warmth, you may consider using warm, flannel bedsheets (instead of summer cotton) and, if necessary, a goose down bed liner.