How do you store your bags or SLG's?

Narkeasha

Retired Model
O.G.
Sep 3, 2006
This thread is to post your pictures on how your bags are stored in your wardrobe or displayed on your trophy shelf. From this, we can get ideas on how to organise or storage space. Do you store them in your dustbags or in clear boxes for viewing? I believe that everyone treats their bags with great care here...:yahoo: I will post my pictures up the moment I get my camera back from the store from fixing. So TPFers, go ahead and post them pictures up.:heart:

How do you TPFers store your LV bags? I put my bags in the dustbag and then back into the box when I'm not using them, but a SA told me that storing the bag in the box is actually bad for the leather as it will cause it to crack. Has anyone heard this? Is it true that the box will dry out the leather? I'm not sure whether to believe him since he was out of boxes when I bought a bag and if this was just his excuse not to find a box for me.

I let all of my bags stay out of both dustbag and boxes.
Not just because I'm not "all over my bags" by not letting them stand on the floor and let it rain on them.
But also because that when your bags aren't in dustbag and all, they get pantina faster. Of course, if you don't want pantina, you should at least let them get back in the dustbag ;D

I usually stuff them with old pillowcases or tshirts and store them in my cupboard. I do worry about getting creases, but touch wood that hasn't happened. My daughter doesn't stuff hers or use a dustbag and they are all fine as well.

Mine are always stored in their dustbags and stuffed with either old pillow cases or bubble wrap. I do not store them in the boxes since leather does need to "breathe."

I can't help but look around my room and wish I was old enough to get onto the property market. With UK house prices soaring completely out of a under 25s reach, there is no way I'll be able to get onto the ladder until I'm about 26 or 27 :Push:

Atm, I'm share renting with two friends, and my bags just SIT wherever there is space. Not even a designated wardrobe (no room already in the wardrobe with clothes busting out), and there's no room for BOXES either.

I actually feel guilty about it :shame:

What can I do? *sigh*

How does everyone else store their bags? Any solutions to be offered? :s