Pigalle 120 Club: tips on sizing, comfort, and walking with confidence on 120mm

Lavender, thanks for sharing. May I ask what you mean by half insoles? Like just using the front or back part of a full insole? Never thought of that before...

here's the one I used for the pic:
attachment.php

basically a pigalle with a draped metal chain around the back of the heel cup
Where did you get these? I didn't see them on the CL site.

Thanks for all the great tips everyone!

I do want to add that with proper padding it is possible to work with Pigalle 120s in sizes larger than your recommended size. I would never have some of my UHG Pigalle 120s (fuxia lace, blue leopard patent, plum and pewter graffitis) if I waited until they came in my size. Heel grips and half insoles work for me. :tup:

Thank you LavenderIce, for giving me some hope :biggrin:

YES YES YES !! I've been waiting for this thread for months ! Is it later than PIggy will show us how to walk in PIGalles with videos of herself versus the SF streets ? =D

Mine are finally here, black kid leather Pigalle 120s! :yahoo: I sized full size down from my standard CL size and half size down from my standard italian size, and they are a perfect fit! Really comfortable, too

OMG :ty: so much Piggy! I always have to reposition the pads like "hey, am i doing this right?" Well now i know!

I SOOooo love these educational threads.

A brief addendum to the section on COMFORT AIDS - I realised I forgot to include one of the comfort aids in my pigalle toolkit!

Please note this is only for use when wearing hosiery! If you never plan to wear your pigalles with hosiery, feel free to ignore this post altogether (^(oo)^)

Hosiery can present quite a challenge for the pigalle 120 wearer - the slippery surface of the hosiery and the pitch of the shoe makes for some very very squished little piggies in that pointy toe box, I imagine! Fear not, for Wolford has very thoughtfully addressed this issue for us.

It's called, appropriately enough, "stop slipping!"

Stop Slipping is basically a very flat, wide silicone strip place on the footbed of the shoe; your body heat and the texture of the silicone against the hosiery will keep you from sliding around in your pigalles! I'm told it's the same silicone used for the inner bands on the stay-ups. Best of all, Stop Slipping does NOT use adhesive or leave any residue. It's designed to be transferred between all of your shoes with ease! All you do is wash it with cold water & a little soap after use, & let it air dry before you use it again (^(oo)^)v

proper placement should look something like this (I put a piggy face at each end, since it's a bit difficult to see the clear silicone strip:
attachment.php