SO from Paris

cxyvr

never enough shoes
O.G.
Aug 28, 2006
As some of you know. I am waiting for a SO from Paris H. I am wondering if anyone had a 35 birkin (regular leather) shipped to the US by H Paris? How much US custom duties did you pay?

I am not asking about the VAT, just the the duties the US govt charged for importing a birkin by mail.

thanks

cxyvr... Did they confirm that they'll ship it to the US?? Thats really great!! Its just that i've been told that they don't ship goods unless go to the boutique and pay for your item!

cxyvr... Did they confirm that they'll ship it to the US?? Thats really great!! Its just that i've been told that they don't ship goods unless go to the boutique and pay for your item!

I think they are shipping it b/c I was at the boutique but they didn't have what I want. That's is why they are putting a SO in for me.

I offered to give them my cc for a imprint but they said they will just call for my cc num when the bag is done and ship it to me.

Do you pay the same 9% duty when you bring it back yourself?

sort of, fd -- i don't recall the exact numbers since i haven't been out of the country in a while, but you get to bring in something like $600 duty free, the next $2,000-ish at a flat percent (8% ?) and then after that they go to the tariff schedule. i'm sure lots of people just don't declare them, but of course that's not legal.