Platinum Abbey

nycgirl24

Oct 27, 2006
Hi everyone, i'm new to the gucci forum :smile: i have my eye on the platinum trimmed abbey but was wondering a few things before i buy... first of all it says it comes with light gold hardware..so is the trim a little more gold or silver??? it looks gold in some pictures i've seen and silver in others.. also, do any of you abbey owners have a problem with the tab snap closure?? are you worried about "safety" in terms of access to the inside of the bag?? any pics and replies would be great.. thank you! :heart:

it's all sold out..everywhere...online...at the stores...and they emailed me saying it will not be in further collections...i tried ordering one before it was sold out, but i'm not sure if I got it or not

NM in Palo Alto had it in their display case this afternoon, maybe tomorrow they will still have it! I have the regular Abbey and I love it, the platinum one was BEAUTIFUL :love:

Hi everyone, i'm new to the gucci forum :smile: i have my eye on the platinum trimmed abbey but was wondering a few things before i buy... first of all it says it comes with light gold hardware..so is the trim a little more gold or silver??? it looks gold in some pictures i've seen and silver in others.. also, do any of you abbey owners have a problem with the tab snap closure?? are you worried about "safety" in terms of access to the inside of the bag?? any pics and replies would be great.. thank you! :heart:

hey nycgirl, i also had the same questions regarding the safety of the bag, i don't know how to put links into messages, but if you do a gucci search, there's a thread i started called "question about abbey's opening" and it talks about it. i own the abbey, and i love it, even with it's opening.

thanks for all of your replies!! ^^^ hmm..i guess it can swing both ways right? a little silver and a little gold? hehe i'm just worried cause i wanted it to be more gold..i think i am going to go to the gucci store at americana in a few days to see it IRL and if i like it in person i may have a new handbag added to my collection :graucho: :tender:

babyhart, thanks for your comment... i will do a search right now :yes: i was thinking about the "safety" of the bag and i figure that while you are wearing it, it should be pretty safe. i don't tend to leave my bags anywhere in public so i guess it should be no problem. the opening can even probably be useful for getting in and out the bag right? i think i'll love it just as much with the opening also :yahoo:

oh and one more thing..babyhart can you please post pics of the abbey? it would be great if i could see a pic of it on your shoulder and on the crook of your arm.. thanks a lot! :smile:

abbey pic:

gucciabbeytote350.jpg