Herbag to travel... or not to travel ...

Sep 12, 2006
Is this bag suitable for an everyday-bag.
For a guy?

eBay.be: auth HERMÈS Travel Bag *SAC HERBAG A DOS* two in one (object 290061716289 eindtijd 11-jan-07 20:55:29 CET)

I would like this bag because its washable so I don't have to take care of it..
I am afraid it's going to be over the top...
But I like big bags...
I really like this bag so much!
And a little dry cleening and it's ready to go...
I work in an office so I don't want them to think that I am going to travel or
something ...

The seller won't give me additional pics :crybaby:
and I've never seen this irl

What do you girls/guys think?

Bye!

:party:

CDL - the seller dzwmz is 1st class, only sells authentic. I have bought from her and she was an absolute doll. Her English isn't so great but she'll give 200%.

I have this bag in a smaller version (40) and that already is HUGE! as in HUMUNGOUS!. So if you want the travel version as an everyday bag you might be overwhelmed as things will roll/fly around in it. The sheer size of even the smaller version of mine (35) has caused me to seriously consider a purse insert. So, the travel size is a great bag but as I said, HUGE! Oh, and HEAVY! Yes, the Herbag is heavy!
I am not sure about the washing/dry cleaning option but they are easy to keep clean. The toile is covered and holds up great.

CDL - the seller dzwmz is 1st class, only sells authentic. I have bought from her and she was an absolute doll. Her English isn't so great but she'll give 200%.

I have this bag in a smaller version (40) and that already is HUGE! as in HUMUNGOUS!. So if you want the travel version as an everyday bag you might be overwhelmed as things will roll/fly around in it. The sheer size of even the smaller version of mine (35) has caused me to seriously consider a purse insert. So, the travel size is a great bag but as I said, HUGE! Oh, and HEAVY! Yes, the Herbag is heavy!
I am not sure about the washing/dry cleaning option but they are easy to keep clean. The toile is covered and holds up great.

Glad to hear the seller is great!
That always is important IMO.
I would like to carry it in my hand or on my shoulder.
Just to carry essentials like wallet, cigarettes, a book, etc...
I don't mind it sagging.
Just want it to look normal.. You know?
Do you have a picture holding your 40cm HB?

Thx alot

Bye

ps: other comments, pictures, etc.. are always welcome guys!

The sagging won't probably be a problem because of the way the toile is covered. It is quite stiff.
This is me with my big Herbag (I am 5' 11"). It has my laptop and a bunch of work papers in it as well as the stuff that I normally shlepp around. Also have a look at some of the posts by Eric Fam, he has a black Herbag.

Attachments

• ccworkdec2206.JPG
    ccworkdec2206.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 208
The sagging won't probably be a problem because of the way the toile is covered. It is quite stiff.
This is me with my big Herbag (I am 5' 11"). It has my laptop and a bunch of work papers in it as well as the stuff that I normally shlepp around. Also have a look at some of the posts by Eric Fam, he has a black Herbag.
thx for the pic!

It looks ab fab on you!

I am still hesitating on buying the bag...
Do you think it looks good ? (I mean the cond. of the leather, etc...)

How much would this bag retail if they still sold it (bec. i heard it's disc.)

I really love this bag!
And as long it's not TOOO big on me..
Just want to have a daily bag that can go with me everywhere..

ps: thx alot for all your help!:choochoo:

CDL, I think the price is good.
I believe Luxury Zurich also have one on their site (in black I believe - perhaps also in natural, I forget....) and that is similarly priced.
Good luck!!

PS: I think it is in acceptable condition. You have seen the stains, yes? GF told me that she could get out stains with soap flakes and a nailbrush.

Please have a look again at the model that carries the bag ------- it is really HUGE as in 'you and your friends can live in it'.

I wonder (just thinking out loud here..... OK) if a Garden Party might not be better suited to your needs??? There is a gorgeous tweed one right now on ebay.

PS: I think it is in acceptable condition. You have seen the stains, yes? GF told me that she could get out stains with soap flakes and a nailbrush.

Please have a look again at the model that carries the bag ------- it is really HUGE as in 'you and your friends can live in it'.

I wonder (just thinking out loud here..... OK) if a Garden Party might not be better suited to your needs??? There is a gorgeous tweed one right now on ebay.

yes saw it today and it's really pretty...
But not quite suited for a guy I think (did a poll on this and everybody said: big NO NO!)
And I know myself, I'll carry it 0 times.
I'm afraid that this is going to happen with the herbag.
But I really love it.
I'm hesitating to push that buy it now button :rolleyes:

CDL - if you have some patience, then wait it out. My size of Herbag will come again, I have waited for it as well. I honestly don't think that you would be happy with the Travel Bag size for every day and it is too much money to spend on a bag you don't use.
If I ever want to sell mine, you'll be the first on my list ;) ... but it won't happen in the near future....