Do all vintage Gucci Bags have serial numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

funbags68

Jun 10, 2006
:biggrin:Hello Everyone!
This is my very first post. I sell vintage bags on eBay...well, I sell many antique items on eBay but I have been selling more vintage designer handbags lately. I usually can tell a fake a mile a way. Every Vintage Gucci I have ever sold has had a serial number. However, today while at an estate sale, I purchased a vintage Gucci Bag. Everything in me says it is a real bag but for the life of me I can't find the serial number. It has all the Hardware & it looks really well made. It has a gucci gold stamp inside on the leather BUT I can't find a serial number.
My question is this. Do ALL vintage Gucci bags have serial numbers, or are there ones that did not have serial numbers?
Please help!
Thanks
Funbags

It see your photo of the Gold Italy printed in the inside of your bag. My vintage Gucci I bought on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills in the early 80's
So I didn't see where anyone answered your question. Is that stamp preserial numbers on vintage Gucci Bags? Thanks

I just a beautiful vintage Gucci tote shopper, everything about it looks authentic I have no reason to think otherwise, but no serial number, can anyone please help me with this dilemma, do all vintage Gucci bags have serial numbers?

I just looked through some of my Gucci bags - bags from the 50s through the mid 70s have 2 digit model numbers. Starting in the late 70s through 80s (the brass plaque era) they start to have serial numbers.

I just looked through some of my Gucci bags - bags from the 50s through the mid 70s have 2 digit model numbers. Starting in the late 70s through 80s (the brass plaque era) they start to have serial numbers.

I found a vintage Gucci Kelly with the #81 on the inside. Does anyone know how to track the numbers or are they year related?

I bought a Gucci bag on eBay and I am now seeing that someone listed the same type of bag w/ the same serial number. It does not look like the same bag and the sellers are different. Also I noticed that the piping is not leather, so I want to know if the bag is real or fake.
My questions are as follow:

Can two or more vintage Gucci bag have the same serial number?
Is the piping on the vintage Gucci bags sometimes not leather

Reactions: allywchu1
I bought a Gucci bag on eBay and I am now seeing that someone listed the same type of bag w/ the same serial number. It does not look like the same bag and the sellers are different. Also I noticed that the piping is not leather, so I want to know if the bag is real or fake.
My questions are as follow:

Can two or more vintage Gucci bag have the same serial number?
Is the piping on the vintage Gucci bags sometimes not leather
Hi and welcome - yes, same style of bags have the same serial number, the fakes, too

you could post in this thread http://forum.purseblog.com/gucci/authenticate-this-gucci-please-read-rules-post-1-a-566215.html

Before posting there please to read carefully - the first post on page 1 in that thread - there you will see which clear, close and "straight on" pic and the correct format for your request - we need for helping you

I have just won a bid on Ebay for my first gucci bag. I was so happy but am a little hesitant because it doesn't have a serial number. When I asked the seller she replied: "from my research this bag is from the late 60's early 70's (I am not an expert) it is from my grandmother's closet and was never used as far as I can tell. Anyway the early bags did not have serial #'s and this can be checked on the web."

Can anyone authenticicate...please?

Item Number:260641488909
Seller ID:fortheloveofkids-2008
Link:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260641488909&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

!By29skwBmk~$(KGrHqZ,!hgEw5,RUeYJBMTeFCrYRg~~0_35.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.