is the lv glace and matt leather inflamable?

hahaha i see i got some pretty strange replies, but no my bf has a glace wallet, it's pretty old. Anyway one day he goes i hear that real LV bags are imflammable and they don't burn, wot about my wallet? so just thought i'd ask! haha

'real lv's don't burn' is a myth. much like 'upside down lv's = fake'. everything burns.. it just takes longer. even inflammable clothes, house building construction/etc stuff.... it just takes longer for them to burn. i have had questions about this from my customers about our leather sofas (yep weird questions!) and it's the same thing. the insides may combust first, being of down filling, but the actual leather shell may actually survive the fire or whatever... they'll just be really toasty looking. hah.

same with lv leather items like mat & glace. however, canvas will burn.. since it IS canvas.. it just takes longer than normal plain canvas, since the mono/damier/mc/azur canvas is a coated canvas.

Okay, strange experience I had. My ex tried to IRON a wrinkle of out of her Mono Speedy.

The canvas just melted.

I have a ton of Glace items, but I never placed it near a fire, so I wouldn't be able to help you!

Maybe the question should be if you get cigarette ash on an LV glace/matt will it burn a hole in the material? Please keep your LVs away from cigarettes! It's bad for their health!

Okay, strange experience I had. My ex tried to IRON a wrinkle of out of her Mono Speedy.

The canvas just melted.

I have a ton of Glace items, but I never placed it near a fire, so I wouldn't be able to help you!

well like i said... canvas WILL do something since it's canvas. iron a wrinkle out of a mono speedy.. keep in mind that speedys/monogram/damier/azur/multicolor are all canvas and coated to be waterproof. it's not leather. the actual leather is the handles and the piping around the bag and the zipper/lock & key hole/etc.. that's the real leather. the rest of the bag is made of canvas. and like i said, coated canvas. so naturally the thing would melt!