Britney's Letter...+ Is That a Slip She's Wearing ?

Jan 23, 2006
Britney Spears: 'I've Been Far From Perfect'

FRIDAY JANUARY 05, 2007 11:25 AM EST
By Stephen M. Silverman

britney_spears.jpg

In a new posting on her Web site, Britney Spears addresses her own missteps – "I know I've been far from perfect," she says – as well as her future as a single woman.

Spears's posting comes just after her manager, Larry Rudolph, told USA Today that the singer was facing up to her future after her recent spate of negative press.

"She understands what's going on right now, and she calls it her 'rocky moment,' " said Rudolph. "Britney knows exactly what she needs to do. ... She's taking all the right steps. Britney Spears will be back and absolutely at the top of the entertainment industry very soon."

Dear Fans,

It has been a while since I’ve addressed you personally here on my official website. The last couple of years have been quite a ride for me, the media has criticized my every move and printed a skewed perception of who I really am as a human being. Behind every decision I have made in my public life there always seems to be an apparent contradiction. I have come to terms with that which is why I usually don’t pay much attention to it.

The last couple of years have been very enlightening for me and now that I’ve had the time to be “me,” I’ve been able to sit down and think about where I want to go with myself as an entertainer with absolutely no strings attached. I am now more mature and feel like I am finally “free.” I’ve been working so hard on this new album and I can’t wait for you all to hear it and to go on tour again! I would like to exclusively tell you that I am working hard to release the new album sometime later this year, but the date is of course not certain yet. I look forward to coming back this year bigger and better than ever, and to also reaching out to my fans on a more personal level. I noticed today that one of my biggest fansites is shutting down soon and I want you all to know that I do understand all the reasons that went behind making that decision, and I am sad to see it closing. If I were you I’d be unhappy too if I had to read what I’ve been reading every day. But trust me, I get it. I know I’ve been far from perfect and the media has had a lot of fun exaggerating my every move, but I want you all to know that I love my fans so much, and I appreciate everything you have done for me, so Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Love,
Britney

^^^ITA and she says she is now her real self....so her real self is this pantyless dirty woman? i guess thats why people loved the record company Britney so much

BSPEARSCD010407_01.jpg
BSPEARSCD010407_06.jpg
BSPEARSCD010407_13.jpg

Britney, in head-to-told gold (isn't lamé kind of lame?) brought her own CD to club Area last night! Not sure if the clubgoers there got a preview of one of Brit's new songs, or if she just decided to play DJ for the night. But with all the recent rumors flying around about how her label's unhappy with the tracks she's produced thusfar, maybe Brit was just trying to drum up some support for the disc?

awww, don't be so harsh on her girls...
she was young when she first started it all, and she seems like she's an actually nice girl.
despise the bad fashion sense, i never heard she ever offended or hurt anyone's feeling in purpose...

Wow it takes a lot for a celebrity to admit they were wrong instead of make excuses! Hopefully she follows through.

I didn't get that at all, I think she is blame-shifting. How are those photos of her crotch[ multiple nights] "exaggerating her every move" ? This is all Me me me :yucky: crap.

I too think she needs to spend some time wiht the kids. And yes we all make mistakes, but going camando while wearing lil skirts and partying is just asking for the wrong kind of attention. I was all for her comeback but now I need to see her doing good and ease up on the partying.

In those pics she looks like she put on some weight, that partying doesn't seem to be helping her.