Does a Tiger Change it's Stripes??? Patterns of H-Bag Use...

SCL

Dec 23, 2005
Dilemmas...Dilemmas...

Does a Tiger Change it's Stripes??? Are You a Creature of Habit???

That is...are you consistent in that you prefer (a) a certain style/size/color range of H bags or (b) variety in style/size/color??? Either pattern may be a habit of some sort...

What happens when you break out...dare to be "different"? Are you happy with your choice or does this become your next eBay/Marketplace/re-seller listing?

How would you describe your H-related identity? In what ways are you "true"?

Thinking about "next"...currently a "black bag girl" trying to decide if I want to explore a colored world...don't know if I can/should...I am very practical in my extravagance at heart...

Oh, SoCal you could be talking about ME!!! LOL!!!! I am SUCH a black/neutral girl that it's almost sickening! One of my NY resolutions is to break out of the mold and be a little more color daring.

I SO admire and respect the ladies who can carry color in their handbags.....I wish I could. I have a secret desire to have a fling with Fushia or Vert Anis but I know how wrong that would be! I'd be re-selling those bags faster than you can blink and eye!

I'm top heavy right now on browns in my bags so I have a little list I'll be selling in favor of......(drum roll here) ROUGE H in BOX!!!! And, after all this time, I know that color/leather combination will be the perfect mad dash into color for S'Mom!!!!

I am 'True' with Blacks, Browns and deep Reds. Those are really my colors for handbags.....And that's my comfort zone and where I am most content.

I am the same exact way SoCal (as we discussed in Vegas - hee hee). But I ventured off to Goyard (for their bright & fun colors) and I actually like it! I have decided that after my Gold Birkin, I want a fun color to add to my collection =)

I am a color girl actually....and although I did end up wanting a black bag (just one)....I don't use it all that much at the moment...and am eagerly anticipating my next COLOR bag and am in fact, selling a darker one in place...so yes pretty much creature of habit I guess is right!

i've always loved colors - and to have variety just gives me a lot of options. i still get drawn to kellys and birkins and this year i'm hoping to try out other styles. i'm esp. loving the constance, trim and bolide! we'll have to see........

Dilemmas...Dilemmas...

Does a Tiger Change it's Stripes??? Quality is the biggest attraction for me to Hermes and everything else in life. Are You a Creature of Habit??? Yes...

That is...are you consistent in that you prefer (a) a certain style/size/ size, yes color have bought darker leathers in the past, NOW am looking for pastels... range of H bags or (b) variety in style/size/color??? I love the Kelly most....have a Bolide and Birkin and they are fabulous, but I seem to reach for my Kellys more often Either pattern may be a habit of some sort...

What happens when you break out...dare to be "different"? Are you happy with your choice or does this become your next eBay/Marketplace/re-seller listing? It varies. Sometimes I take a chance and it's a winner.....sometimes not. I bought a Raisin Kelly. Now, everyone loves raisin, right? Not me....once it arrived, I knew I had made a mistake. So, I sold it....sadly. Also, bought a blue jean Bolide. Gorgeous! But, again, the shade of blue just didn't go with anything I have plus, I didn't like the Bolide style in BJ....on me. I've sold a few bags, and always with a heavy heart.

How would you describe your H-related identity? In what ways are you "true"? I demand the highest quality in everything. And, I seem to be pretty true to the Kelly. I look at this style and my heart races.

Thinking about "next"...currently a "black bag girl" trying to decide if I want to explore a colored world...don't know if I can/should...I am very practical in my extravagance at heart YES! this is what I meant above. I have black, ebene, rouge h, gold and thalassa....all fairly dark leathers. Now, for summer, I would like to find a pastel or happy colored bag, probably in the pink family.

Hmm.. i dunno for me.. couple of years ago i would only carry black/neutral bags, however, now I enjoy carrying bright colors bags.. such as vert anis and orange.. actually it makes me feel youngER for some reason!!

i love it!

I like to have a little bit of everything so I don't get bored with my collection. I like variety of colors and styles. I currently have one Birkin, one Kelly, and one Bolide. I think my next bag might be a Constance. I also like variety in leathers. Currently have Togo, Clemence, and Swift. I'm thinking Box for the Constance.

Oh, SoCal you could be talking about ME!!! LOL!!!! I am SUCH a black/neutral girl that it's almost sickening! One of my NY resolutions is to break out of the mold and be a little more color daring.

I SO admire and respect the ladies who can carry color in their handbags.....I wish I could. ...
I am 'True' with Blacks, Browns and deep Reds. Those are really my colors for handbags.....And that's my comfort zone and where I am most content.

shopmom in all your pictures, i see aboslutely consistently polished and perfected style - your own. you are so well defined by what you choose to wear, even the bits i can see of your home, your atmosphere. or i should say it's the other way around, what you wear and how you live are things that you have defined for yourself through your own taste. you know yourself. you've earned that much by now, right? i'm looking forward to that, must be unconsciously working towards that each day i guess. but i enjoy seeing that in you.

thank you so much HH......you have made my day! It evolves over the years all subconsciously, you know? I think if you like a certain style it really does stay with you even as you go through different stages in life.....I've always like things with age.....very well constructed and crafted things. Things with meaning, history. It's what I gravitate to....anything with patina, mirrors that are peeling, candlesticks that are draped in wax. DH can't stand when the phone rings because I have two old vintage phones from the 40's and the ring is pretty distinctive!!!! But that's what I like about them.....and their design. Still gorgeous and "new" after all this time.

....oops....sorry guys......HH - you really did make my day! Thank you!!!!!

thank you so much HH......you have made my day! It evolves over the years all subconsciously, you know? I think if you like a certain style it really does stay with you even as you go through different stages in life.....I've always like things with age.....very well constructed and crafted things. Things with meaning, history. It's what I gravitate to....anything with patina, mirrors that are peeling, candlesticks that are draped in wax. DH can't stand when the phone rings because I have two old vintage phones from the 40's and the ring is pretty distinctive!!!! But that's what I like about them.....and their design. Still gorgeous and "new" after all this time.

....oops....sorry guys......HH - you really did make my day! Thank you!!!!!

well i'm glad i finally told you then. it hit me the minute you posted a pic. and then another, and another, you were presenting such a strong, personal style and i was terribly impressed. you kind of... ooze quality (and not in a flashy, throw-money-at-it way) and richness (as in patina...so i should say depth maybe). well anyway, i found it very satisfying to see and it's something i admire. some day i hope i'm that coherent, truly! so thank you for sharing because i enjoy it.:flowers:
btw, i have at least one phone like yours i think. i like every day objects to be beautiful and/or interesting to look at - a phone, a stapler, whatever. i like to see the human hand behind it (even if it's only in the conception of it - it can be machinemade but shouldn't look machine-conceived, if you know what i mean, soul-less, etc.).

Does a Tiger Change it's Stripes??? Are You a Creature of Habit??? I find that despite the various "phases" I go through, I usually come back to the same old thing, but with Hermes I do surprise myself at times; i.e., thought I would be a die-hard big bag/35cm Birkin afficionado forever, but find myself now longing for 30cms and Kellys in 28cm sellier.

That is...are you consistent in that you prefer (a) a certain style/size/color range of H bags or (b) variety in style/size/color??? Either pattern may be a habit of some sort... I am very consistent in which skins I like; I love texture and palladium hardware, and ideally, each bag has to have a little bit of a "wow" factor to it (i.e., a HTF color, interesting stitching, skin, etc.). I don't own any bags in smooth leathers nor any with gold hardware. I do like a variety of items and styles now, and each bag has to serve a specific purpose or go with certain things in my closet. I don't like bags that turn out to be beautiful yet completely useless based on what I own.

What happens when you break out...dare to be "different"? Are you happy with your choice or does this become your next eBay/Marketplace/re-seller listing? I am usually very happy when I break out of my usual choices b/c then it's usually a standout item in the closet, and I value/cherish it more. I find that the more similar items I have the harder time I have in deciding which one to use since they all seem to serve the same function or go with the same outfits. I am vowing to go with more neutrals in the future however and break out of my "color color color!" phase. :idea:

How would you describe your H-related identity? In what ways are you "true"? I would borrow your phrase as it's one my SA used to accurately describe my H-tastes: "extravagantly practical."

Thinking about "next"...currently a "black bag girl" trying to decide if I want to explore a colored world...don't know if I can/should...I am very practical in my extravagance at heart...