Problems with Lady Dior Cannage?

all about bags

Supreme bag lover!
O.G.
Nov 20, 2006
Hello ladies-

This is my first time posting on the Dior forum. Would like Dior experts' help re: my Lady Dior Cannage. I have one in the navy cloth version. Very classic and I love it.

Anyway, I bought mine years ago when it first came out. Used it a couple of times and stored it. I recently took it out and discovered that it had a "sticky" feel to the bag. Seems like the water-resistant cover that was originally applied to the bag might have come off or something - feels "gluey". :yucky:

I took it to my local Dior boutique about a month ago. When I called up my SA yesterday to follow up, she informed me that they can't do anything about it! :wtf: Should I go to NYC and find out if they can fix the problem?

Has anyone on the forum experienced the same thing? I am not sure what my bag was exposed to - perhaps humidity? It'd be a shame if Dior can't fix my bag...

Hmmm...I have a Lady Dior cannage bag (now with my mother) and it hasn't become sticky...maybe heat and humidity affects the coating/finish they apply on the calfskin/lambskin.

Maybe you can take the bag to a professional leather and suede cleaner and have them apply another waterproof coating on it. These people helped me recolor two of my bags and they finish the process by applying a coating on it, which is REALLY durable but won't make the leather look different.

HI MayDay,

But my cannage is the cloth version, not leather. Which is why it is a little surprising. This is actually my second one in the same material and the first one was fine. Hmmm... I will ask a cleaner and perhaps just call up NYC to see if they can offer any suggestions.

Thanks.

HI MayDay,

But my cannage is the cloth version, not leather. Which is why it is a little surprising. This is actually my second one in the same material and the first one was fine. Hmmm... I will ask a cleaner and perhaps just call up NYC to see if they can offer any suggestions.

Thanks.

OOPS! Hehe...I missed the fact that your bag was fabric..how embarrassing :shame:

I think a dry cleaner may have a solution! Good luck with it, and remember to tell us how it goes!

Hello ladies-

This is my first time posting on the Dior forum. Would like Dior experts' help re: my Lady Dior Cannage. I have one in the navy cloth version. Very classic and I love it.

Anyway, I bought mine years ago when it first came out. Used it a couple of times and stored it. I recently took it out and discovered that it had a "sticky" feel to the bag. Seems like the water-resistant cover that was originally applied to the bag might have come off or something - feels "gluey". :yucky:

I took it to my local Dior boutique about a month ago. When I called up my SA yesterday to follow up, she informed me that they can't do anything about it! :wtf: Should I go to NYC and find out if they can fix the problem?

Has anyone on the forum experienced the same thing? I am not sure what my bag was exposed to - perhaps humidity? It'd be a shame if Dior can't fix my bag...

I just "inherited" one from my Grandmother. And yes, mine has a sticky-sort-of-rubbery feel to it too.

I have the same problem with my bag and have not been able to find anyone to clean it. Dior recommended me to a company they use (they wouldnt do it) and the company said this particular model with the fabric has this problem and they have never been able to fix it. They sent my bag back with a "sorry!" If anyone knows how to clean this sticky stuff off the bag, please post. Thanks

I have the same problem with my bag and have not been able to find anyone to clean it. Dior recommended me to a company they use (they wouldnt do it) and the company said this particular model with the fabric has this problem and they have never been able to fix it. They sent my bag back with a "sorry!" If anyone knows how to clean this sticky stuff off the bag, please post. Thanks

Soak a neutral-coloured cloth in warm water and a bit of dish detergent, and then use the cloth to wipe the surface of the bag (while gently scrubbing it, but not too hard or it may damage the Cannage stitching). Let it dry, and then feel to see if it is still sticky. If it is less sticky, then clean it again this way.

Reactions: Okla123
Hello ladies-

Hi wonder if you managed to solved your sticky bag issue? I was just packing my bags and realized the same happened for my dior panarea tote!

I have just realised my black Panarea has the same problem too!! The top coating of the bag actually peeling off and stick on my hands everytime I touch it..may want to try the way suggested by Averagejoe but scare the top coating will all come out for doing that...I am wondering can I apply Fiebings or Angelus acrylic finisher to the bag (I know they are for leather)? Please help!! Thanks in advance!!