Nappy, Kinky and LOVIN" IT

I havent been natural since my mom finally let me get a perm in the ninth grade lol, but a while ago I just decide to not get my touch up and to see what happens. How do you grade your hair. I always hear ppl say they are a 4a etc. How do i know what i am?

Yayyy!!!!!
THis is me after I took my hair out of twist:
DSC00830-1.jpg

after flatiron
znsdhf.jpg

I tried but just couldn't swing it. I give you all much credit because I felt like it takes a lot of TLC to keep your hair natural and healthy. I tried growing my relaxer out for about 7-8 months and it was really hard for me, I ended up going back to a relaxer because I just couldn't grow my hair out and keep it healthy. I felt like I couldn't maintain it properly. I may try it again but I just want to give a big thumbs up to you ladies rockin' the natural styles. Beautiful!!!

I tried but just couldn't swing it. I give you all much credit because I felt like it takes a lot of TLC to keep your hair natural and healthy. I tried growing my relaxer out for about 7-8 months and it was really hard for me, I ended up going back to a relaxer because I just couldn't grow my hair out and keep it healthy. I felt like I couldn't maintain it properly. I may try it again but I just want to give a big thumbs up to you ladies rockin' the natural styles. Beautiful!!!

Ditto. I don't have the patience to maintain it. I barely like washing my hair as it is between salon appointments. I have learned to stretch my touchups a little longer, but I think that also has to do with me getting older and my texture changing a bit. But I'm always a little jealous of natural hair.

yaaay for this thread!

i haven't gone natural yet but in the process of growing my short hair out so i can transition with braids this summer. if all goes well i want to big chop in the winter