What does a HHHottie keep in her Purse?

Bri, what a great idea as part of your volunteer project... I would think about the kinds of lives these gals lead, as well... where are they likely to be taking their handbags? For some of them, certain items might make their handbags a target, and in addition to something like a flashlight or leatherman tool (without knife) maybe some pepper spray or at least a whistle for safety? And I always have an ICE card--emergency contact info for my husband and sister.

Maybe in the handbags y'all are making, a secret zip compartment for that spare $20 or extra bus tokens?

ETA: Sorry--that sounded sort of bleak, and I didn't mean that. Just trying to think of whether they are likely to be taking public transportation or working in an iffy neighborhood :flowers: And you're fabulous for volunteering, BTW!!

This would be a good time to shout-out for Dress for Success... it's a great national organization that hooks women up with work-appropriate outfits and helps them get set up for interviews and such. If anyone ever has suits, handbags, shoes, that would help, donate them!!

http://www.dressforsuccess.org/

Jenni, I like the idea of the ICE card. I'll need to do that.

BTW, all of the posts on the HH forum are cracking me up today, even if they're not intended to be funny. IDK, could be because I was up all night with a coughing, sniffling, whimpering boy, but I am sure enjoying the Hotties today.

Jenni -The ICE info in the wallet is a good idea. I also have ICE after my dh's amd mom's names in my cell phone, so those would be the #'s called if something happens!

I always carry a tiny tape measure, it's a metal tape which rolls up in a little plastic case. It's handy for measuring the inseam on shorts and slacks to see if they're worth bothering to drag into the dressing room, to see if that tote will hold your laptop etc. I use mine a lot.

Eyedrops and Tums or Pepto-bismol in the little cellophane packets, a benedryl or other anti-histamine if allergies are a problem.

Sometimes I remember to carry slipper-socks!

(cuz I usually live wo regular socks in my flats/uggs, only if I've got on my Maddies, and then it gets awkward when I go to some homes where everyone's taking off her shoes, and I don't want to be barefoot in someone else's place...)

LOL Enga... SO true. My first faculty job, the older faculty threw a welcome party for me and another prof who came in that year. Shoe-less house, and he and I BOTH had holes in our socks :biggrin: (recent poor grad students, etc.). So the faculty completely nailed us... come Christmas, he and I both rec'd like TWENTY pairs of socks :P

I also carry one of those nylon foldup grocery bags in my purse in case I do need to run to the grocery store.... or if I get caught in a downpour and need to protect my bag...