ELF eyes lips face cosmetics opinions?

a few years ago when they first came out, my best friend ordered foundation, concealer, a few blushes, eyeshadows, lip glosses and brushes from there. She loves anything cheap lol. Even she wouldnt use the stuff she got, though she didnt send it back she just gave it to her little sister to play with.

^^Do you like blushes with a bit of shimmer to them? I have one of them and the reason I'm not a fan is because of the shimmer. I like their mineral line blushes because they are matte. People do compare the studio line blushes to Nars but I don't own Nars so I can't comment on that.

^Yup i prefer more shimmery products then matte. And how they look in the blush compact does remind me of NARS. I tried to see your ELF swatches that you posted a link of on the other page but there are not working :sad:

It's kind of a hit and miss with elf, although after trying their liquid eyeliner, i'm never buying their stuff again... It was just like water, it practically dripped off my eye. However, I do love their lip glosses (the ones that come in a little tube.) Stay away from those cylindrical glosses (they have a really minty smell or something and it kinds of stings, the liquid eyeliner, oh, and their foundation (made me orange). The gloss that comes in this tube
http://www.eyeslipsface.com/lips/gloss/super_glossy_lip_shine_spf_15
was the best lip gloss i ever had. :3

edit: and don't buy their nail polish, it chips within hours XD!!!
double edit: They have good eyeshadow too :biggrin:

^Yup i prefer more shimmery products then matte. And how they look in the blush compact does remind me of NARS. I tried to see your ELF swatches that you posted a link of on the other page but there are not working :sad:

I'll take a photo of the one blush that I have, it's called Peachy Keen, so you can get an idea. My other swatches were of the eyeshadows but my stupid photobucket account gave my laptop a virus and now I don't use photobucket anymore. If you want to see the eyeshadow swatches I have them under a different photo site now. But I'll definitely get you the blush swatch.

Here is the Studio Blush: Peachy Keen
You can see the shimmer nicely in this one:
p2191055.jpg

I tried to load it up on my hand so you can see the pigment. This was in the sun. Being a peach color it's hard to take photos of.
p2191061.jpg

This is in the shade but I wanted you to be able to see the contrast.
p2191060.jpg

It's a really pretty color but since I have large pores shimmery blushes don't look good.

Well I just placed an order (with a 50% off coupon and f/s) so I'm interested in playing around with this brand. I order something from both the regular $1, the studio, and the mineral line to see what I like the best.