Oct 4, 2007
would it bother anyone if their new alexa bag had a "made in china"

tag inside of it. I know that mulberry has productions in China, turkey,

spain etc....

It is just me hoping that the new alexa bag is a "U.K". one like most mabel

bags were.

I think I might be slightly bothered if I pay the high price for this bag and

it has a " made in china " tag inside.

I kinda get what you mean because loads of people think that made in China products is crappy and that made in West Europe products are high quality, but I don't think there actually is a big difference when it comes to quality tho, I mean the company say the Mulberry one don't want their products to be cheap and crappy so the make sure that the makes in China are good..at least that's what I think..

^^^ just wondered if "other" premium brands have factories in china ?

I think this is kinda what you are paying for would you get a PRADA made in china ??

or maybe a Gucci from china (o.k maybe these are more exclusive than Mulberry)

but you get my drift.

I always get a bit more excited when I see Made in England on my Mulberry bag as it feels 'more' Mulberry.

Having said that though I will get over the fact if the Alexa is made in China very quickly as I would have a lovely new bag (fingers crossed) to drool over! :smooch:

The tooled Bayswater were made in China so why not Alexa?

I think mass produced crap is mass produced crap where ever it comes from. I think that is a diferent issue to the level of workmanship to be expected from certain countries.

The fact is the workers in China are as skilled if not more skilled than most parts of the world. You only have to visit the country to see the high level of craftsmanship that has been handed down for hundreds of years.

My only concern is that the workforce are paid a fair wage and treated well. I wouldn't have any worries about the quality of workmanship.

In my InStyle mag there is a feature page of the Alexa and one of the facts on there is that it takes four hours to make in their Somerset factory so hopefully it is a Made in England one and not just a soundbite.

I don't mind a bag being made in China if the quality and craftsmanship is there. That being said as this is my first Mulberry bag I do hope it is made in the United Kingdom.

The tooled Bayswater were made in China so why not Alexa?

I think mass produced crap is mass produced crap where ever it comes from. I think that is a diferent issue to the level of workmanship to be expected from certain countries.

The fact is the workers in China are as skilled if not more skilled than most parts of the world. You only have to visit the country to see the high level of craftsmanship that has been handed down for hundreds of years.

My only concern is that the workforce are paid a fair wage and treated well. I wouldn't have any worries about the quality of workmanship.

Agree with Tote Girl.

Of course, since being an English brand it's nice when the little tag says 'made in England', but I think Mulberry bags are well made regardless where they're made.

No I don't judge with made in label, but by buying Mulberry I ask for Mulberry quality standard. I always check every corner/sticthes/hard ware - but not the made in labels actually lol.