uggs..a few questions

addictedtopurses

Stars Hollow
O.G.
Feb 13, 2006
I have decided that I need a pair of Uggs to keep my feet warm and cozy this winter. I know that I want a short (not tall or mini) pair in brown. I just have a few questions for all you experts:

1. Do they run true to size?
2. Where is the best place to get a deal on them? Any online tips or codes would be appreciated.

thanks!

They run around true to size. It depends on the style that you are buying. I typically wear a 9.5-10 in normal shoes, and both of my Uggs (classic short) are size 9. My mom normally wears a size 8.5 and her Uggs (classic short) are a size 7.

I'd suggest going to a store and trying on the style that you're interested in buying, and then searching around the internet.

I got my UGGs from an online website..I can't remember the exact name of it. It was something like Fleece footwear or something?? IDK. They're authentic though. While I was looking around for my first pair, I saw that they had them on J. Jill, Zappos (which has very good CS and great testimonials on a lot of their shoes) and Nordstrom :smile:

Well, I normally wear a 7 and the 6 fits well. I can move my feet around, etc., but there are a couple of issues that I've had with Uggs..One is that for some reason, my right foot developed a really painful blister on the back (ouuuchhh) - and it wasn't because it was too small! Maybe rubbing weird? And the other thing was that the dye on the inside sherpa rubbed off on my feet! I have the Classic Tall in Black - and thought I had some horrible disease because my toenails actually seeped up some of the black!!! I know you're supposed to wear them barefooted, but I'm thinking now I have to wear little black socks inside. I know they're real because I bought them at Nordstroms. A little disappointed. At least if I get the pink Uggs, my nails will already be painted when I take them off!;)

-I wear a size 7.5 and get my Uggs in size 7
-I've gotten mine on shopbop.com with a discount(now gone) and actually saw some chestnut and sand talls at my TJ Maxx today for $99

I actually have question(if you don't mind me adding on here!) what is the best way to clean your Uggs? I have black classic shorts that are getting dirty and the Ugg cleaning solution. Someone told me to take a cloth with cleaning solution on it and rub it onto the boot then take another cloth with warm water to clean it afterwards?

I clean my uggs by holding them under lightly-running tap water. I soak them under the water and then rub the leather with my hands lightly so all the dirt comes off :smile:

After that, I take a roll of paper towels and pat the outside of the boots so they aren't dripping wet anymore. I then take some more paper towels (or towels/old tshirts) and stuff the insides of the boots so that they don't lose their shape or form any weird wrinkles and place them on a towel to dry :smile:

PS: I've never used a cleaning solution on my UGGs. Watch out though, the color may bleed! I have raspberry uggs (and Sand) and my raspberry ones always bleed a little bit when I wash them :smile:

I clean my uggs by holding them under lightly-running tap water. I soak them under the water and then rub the leather with my hands lightly so all the dirt comes off :smile:

After that, I take a roll of paper towels and pat the outside of the boots so they aren't dripping wet anymore. I then take some more paper towels (or towels/old tshirts) and stuff the insides of the boots so that they don't lose their shape or form any weird wrinkles and place them on a towel to dry :smile:

PS: I've never used a cleaning solution on my UGGs. Watch out though, the color may bleed! I have raspberry uggs (and Sand) and my raspberry ones always bleed a little bit when I wash them :smile:

Lamiastella, thanks for the tip! I have some white(probably from snow/salt) on my black uggs that I need to clean out. Good idea to stuff the boots so they don't lose shape. I hadn't thought of that at all.