Review YSL Touche Eclat

Loquita

May 16, 2008
Product: YSL Touche Eclat #2

Review: I can understand the mixed reviews on this product on many blogs and websites, as I can imagine that many women expect this product to work as a traditional concealer. However, this is a highlighter, and a very good one at that. The #2 is great for medium skin with yellow undertones, and I really like how it works on the inside corners of my eyes and down the center of my nose (I use a traditional concealer under my eyes). It brings a nice light to some of the darkest parts of my face, and the consistency is nice: it's not too liquid like many highlighters, therefore it is easy to control and blend. The packaging is exceptional, and at this rate this product is going to last me at least a year. Worth it if you can afford it, in my opinion; just please don't expect full coverage from this product.

Price: $40

Would you buy again: Yes, although since writing my original review for MUA I have discovered other highlighters that work just as well for a lower price (such as Cargo's Eye-lighter), though none equals the packaging of Touche Eclat.

Where to find: Sephora, Department stores

I do like this product a great deal with the above caveats.

I find that if I use the Bobbi Brown under my eyes and then use this to highlight right under my lashes, 'erase' the pale blue vein that runs along the bottom outside corner of my dark circles (and makes them really look bad) and then lighten the inner corner of my eyes, it's great. It isn't great as a concealer on it's own, and can actually make bags 'pop' if you use it on the center of them.

I use this (#4 - Toffee) and I agree that it is a great highlighter. It can be used as a "light" concealer so if you're trying to cover dark circles, you can forget about it.

I use #4 and #1. I'm brown skinned, but as eye-lighter #1 suits me better than #2. I wanted #3 but they're out of stock in our dept store so I try the #4, not too bad but not as an eye-lighter but for light concealer.

I LOVE this product but I run out of it too soon, because everytime I buy it I use it insteat of foundation (not on my whole face)! I would love to buy it in big make-up bottles! I suppose the most ebpensive on this highlighter is the wonderful packaging

I want to co-sign on this product as I have recently got it and it does the job. My last concealer (which I use for my undereyes) from clinique was pretty good, but this one is much better.

I am a lightskinned African American and I am using #3 peach. I look so much more alive when I put it on my undereyes. Blends very easy!

I look more fresh faced now with blush, lipgloss, and mascara. Definite recommend for a daily look of not looking tired.

i bought this maybe a year ago while traveling and i have to say, i think i'm the only person in the world who hates it.

i think i am too fair for it to show up as a highlighter and since you can't use it for much else it's pretty useless for me. i used it on saturday to brighten the area under my eye after applying mac studio fix concealer (which i always use and love) and it melted off and left me looking like a hot mess.