Did Hermes ever make fabric evening bags?

Apr 15, 2009
Found a little evening bag today at a thrift shop -- I bought it for the strap. Just prior to disassembling it, I noticed "Hermes Paris Made in France" on it. It is a fabric on the outside, and the interior feels like lambskin. SO, did Hermes ever make cloth evening bags? If so, I'll post pics in the "Authenticate" thread.

Thanks in advance -- I checked the Reference section and couldn't find any applicable info.

Thank you both for the replies! IrishLass, I didn't want to waste anyone's time if it was something that was impossible for Hermes to have made. Off to make some pics on my scanner :smile: Even if it isn't H, the strap is EXACTLY what I wanted!

Liberte, this bag looks old, old, old. Not ruined, just old. It feels like a non-shiny satin, if that makes any sense????

:roflmfao:

Not getting my hopes up. It was pretty funny how it came about. We have only one thrift in town, and I'd been talking to one of the staff last week, describing what I need for a croc bag, to replace the ugly replacement handle it has currently. She was sorting thru HUGE bins of assorted stuff, so I asked her to keep a watch out for the kind of strap I was looking for. And of course I checked all the bags on display, looking for the strap I want.

Today I went in, had a look around at various things, went and looked at the purses (to see if one had the strap that I wanted) and saw a huge tub of unusual bags sitting on the floor. So I sat down and started looking thru them, looking of course for THE STRAP. Down in the bottom corner, under a straw bag, I could see a strap that seemed to have possibilities, so I grabbed it and dragged it out. Hmmmmm, it is DEFINITELY one that could work!!!!! So I went to pay, and the young lady had found me the EXACT strap I was looking for, and had hidden it for me. So I bought both, just to be CERTAIN I'd get the strap I need for my croc.

Even if it is not authentic, it's been a fun find!

Read your thread here, then I went over to the authenticate thread and from what the ladies there say, WOW!!! looks like you've found a real treasure. Many congratulations, I would be so excited if that was me :yahoo:

Thanks everyone for your interest and the hoping, cheering and congratulations! I'm really thrilled, and will be in touch with the nearest Hermes about getting it re-habbed.

Sadly, I don't think I can keep it. My DH has been doing all the "heavy lifting" financially lately, as I've watched my income drop and drop. I'm a petsitter, and many of my client-pets have died in the last year, and I've been so overwhelmed with grief and sorrow over all the deaths, I haven't really been able to work! DH has never said anything, no complaints, no snide comments, nothing. I owe it to him to turn it into cash. :sad:

I will, however, take comfort in knowing that it will get used and enjoyed, and I've rescued it from being part of some costume, or some little kid's "toy bag" :smile:

A few pics to follow! :smile:

The last pic is of the strap that started all this excitement -- if it hadn't been exactly what I thought I needed, I'd probably not have purchased the bag!

Attachments

• hermesbag1.jpg
    hermesbag1.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 1,409
  • hermesbag4.jpg
    hermesbag4.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 1,090
  • hermesbag5.jpg
    hermesbag5.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 1,137