Chanel Brown Cambon Tote

Fauve

Oct 9, 2006
Ladies:

I am researching my Xmas present from hubby. I like to do the legwork etc so that I end up with something I truly want.

I am pondering the Chanel Cambon tote in dark brown with black patent CC's in the corner. It has 2 straps and a zipper so is a useful style. Do you think it will become dated quickly? I see many of the black Cambons with the white CC's but rarely see the brown and black combo. It is much more subtle. The bag retails for $1375 at Bloomingdale's.

I also looked in the Chanel Boutique on 57th street in NYC and was disappointed in the assortment. They had better styles at Bloomingdale's.

Thanks so much,
Fauve

I don't think it will be dated at all. I think eventually the Cambon line will be gone. Once this happens, I think the bag will be in demand, as they will be so hard to get.

I have never seen Brown with Black CC's before... do you have a pic?

I just bought the Balck with Black Patent CC's - it should be here tomorrow :yahoo:

I wondered about it becoming dated also, but then I thought, it's CHANEL :nuts:

It's a more 'trendy' Ligne of chanel, but it'll still never be truly 'dated' IMO.
Snatch that brown while you can, brown is hard to find!

Yep what swanky said is correct! the CCs are a dark dark brown and not black... my friend has the baby bowling bag in brown and the CCs on her bag are dark brown, almost black. I personally love this colour combination the best (for cambon bags) so you should definitely get it!!! =) its really nice!

Thanks girls. Perhaps the CC's were a dark brown but it was under Bloomigdale's lighting so was hard to tell. PLus the counter ws very crowded etc. Anyhow the brown leather part was a lovely shade and I liked the purse as the CC's did not scream Chanel but were very subtle. Unfortunately I can not find a picture. There is nothing like it on the Chanel website and the other stores do not post Chanel pictures any longer.

The strange thing is I had gone to the Chanel boutique on 57th street,thinking they woudl have the best selection and they did not even have this brown purse. Neither did Saks. I am tending to think perhaps Bloomingdales sells the trendier ones.

Anyhow it is a lovely purse and if it becomes mine I will post a picture.

Thanks again. You are all dolls.

Fauve

Thanks girls. Perhaps the CC's were a dark brown but it was under Bloomigdale's lighting so was hard to tell. PLus the counter ws very crowded etc. Anyhow the brown leather part was a lovely shade and I liked the purse as the CC's did not scream Chanel but were very subtle. Unfortunately I can not find a picture. There is nothing like it on the Chanel website and the other stores do not post Chanel pictures any longer.

The strange thing is I had gone to the Chanel boutique on 57th street,thinking they woudl have the best selection and they did not even have this brown purse. Neither did Saks. I am tending to think perhaps Bloomingdales sells the trendier ones.

Anyhow it is a lovely purse and if it becomes mine I will post a picture.

Thanks again. You are all dolls.

Fauve

I think I said before that brown is getting VERY hard to find. Cambons are not 'newer' bags, so a lot of stores just don't have them any longer.
If you wnat that brown, I'd get back to that store ASAP!
Chanel may not be making them anymore.:shrugs: