Do I keep it?

I just got this cute blazer in the mail today, but I'm torn on whether to keep it or not. Here's a pic...

javascript:popBlowup('prod80448451','BR6410', imageInx);

I really like it, and I don't think it was incredibly expensive ($200), but it's still a lot of money to me! I'm only considering returning it because I feel sort of silly buying a black blazer that doesn't have matching pants. I wonder whether I should return it and invest in a black suit instead. You know, the classic black blazer, black pants, and black skirt. The thing is that I almost never get a chance to wear a suit, just at conferences (planning on going to one in May, but that's it) and funerals. I know that every woman should have one, but my lifestyle is fairly casual...what do you ladies think?

Keep the blazer? Return it and save up for a suit? Return it and buy a cheaper jacket altogether? TIA!

I like the cut and I'd keep it. You can wear it with really washed-out jeans for casual days. Or, as you mentioned, dress it up with black pants or skirt. I could also see this over a simple red dress.

I like the cut and I'd keep it. You can wear it with really washed-out jeans for casual days. Or, as you mentioned, dress it up with black pants or skirt. I could also see this over a simple red dress.

:yes: i would also keep it, since it's a black blazer it can be very versatile.

I also agree that a black blazer needn't have matching pants or a skirt. If it is flattering and well-made, it will enhance a jeans outfit, a dress, a skirt or other pants. It's a keeper!

I love it!!!!!!! That jacket is definitely something you can get a lot of use out of! Not the piece to be worn once (or not at all) and end up in the back of the closet. You can rock that with jeans or a nice pair of slacks or a black pencil skirt or... You get the picture. I'd keep it.