MEGA-WARNING!! Please read if u use StrawberryNet!

MZVTEC

Material Girl
Mar 18, 2006
Hey Ladies,
I know many of you use Strawberrynet for purchases and thought it to by my moral obligation to fellow PFers to warn you about a HUGE security flaw on their website!!

Its too late for me.. but I hope this helps everybody else.

Today i was made aware that somebody i know was able to obtain my Name, Address and Phone Number by simply checking out and typing in my email address. All you need to do is procede to the checkout and when the email address field comes up you can type in ANY email address of someone you know and the details fields below will fill in automatically. Needless to say, this person had my email address.. and was able to obtain all of these details w/o my knowledge or permission!! :wtf:

I have already emailed SNet expressing my absolute ANGER over this situation and ive always been an advocator for SNet as i thought their service to be second to none... but would reconsider using them EVER AGAIN!! I have also told them to fix this IMMEDIATELY!! If any of you ladies use this site.. please email them at [email protected] and express your concern as well!! :censor: :censor: :rant: :rant:

Sorry about my long post.

Holy, that is scary!!!!!!! I hope nothing bad happens to you!! Hopefully they can help you, well they have to! i was just thinking about shopping with them because of all the nice things I have heard! Thanks for letting us know!

so far they have not emailed me back... ill let you all know what their response to this is... i understand that it might take them a while to fix this as its a technical issue obviously..

Hey, i don't know...i have ordered a fragrance 2 days ago from there and i received a mail asking me to give them my security code of the card. Do u think it is not normal to ask in a mail the security code?