Black v neck cashmere sweater

Amina

Apr 13, 2006
I don't really have much time to go hunt around but this is a staple in my wardrobe and I need another one since mine is pretty much falling apart now (I've worn it a lot over the past two years).

I'd like something under $100, and preferably under $50, so recommendations anyone? :smile:

Try a discount store like Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Loehmann's, Off Fifth, etc.

I second that. That is the only way you are going to get halfway decent cashmere for the price you quoted, IMO. Even J. Crew is significantly more than that, and their cashmere's not exactly star quality.

Cashmere sweaters come in different gauges and each one has different quality. I once bought a $60 cashmere sweater from Abercrombie and Fitch. I wasn't too impressed when I found a hole after a month of wearing it. I also have a Vince cashmere sweater. It costs a lot more than Abercrombie and Fitch but it has higher quality. I have it for 2 years now and there's no holes or little fuzzy balls. Banana Republic cashmere collection isn't bad for a very reasonably price. Their clothes usually go on sale pretty fast so you may want to keep checking.

Actually, it's amazing the stuff you find on Amazon. I did a random search last week and bought this: Amazon.com: Cinzia Clara Women's Cashmere V-Neck Sweater: Apparel. It arrived quickly because I'm a club member and get free 2 day shipping and I have to say, it's quite lovely. It's very warm and soft and exactly right for my "basics" wardrobe. Plus, since I'm changing size, I don't have to worry about replacing an expensive sweater when I'm ready.

Actually, it's amazing the stuff you find on Amazon. I did a random search last week and bought this: Amazon.com: Cinzia Clara Women's Cashmere V-Neck Sweater: Apparel. It arrived quickly because I'm a club member and get free 2 day shipping and I have to say, it's quite lovely. It's very warm and soft and exactly right for my "basics" wardrobe. Plus, since I'm changing size, I don't have to worry about replacing an expensive sweater when I'm ready.

That's a pretty sweater,congrats!
lol I almost live off amazon.com :biggrin:

it's weird, but a few years ago i was at kohls with my bargain-loving mother, and she found some discounted 100% cashmere sweaters for like $10-$15. I was really suspicious, but had no idea that there were different qualities of cashmere, and 100% cashmere didn't mean all cashmere sweaters were equal. Then while I was looking at it and pulling it gently to examine the material, I saw 2 little holes. It was a brand new cashmere sweater! Now I'm aware that cashmere can be very different, and I'm always on the lookout, and I probably would be wary of cashmere sweaters that retail for a very low price. The way I see it, you invest in a high quality cashmere sweater, that's going to be a staple in your wardrobe for yeaaarrrrs to come...and much more worth it than dishing out 60 bucks a year to continuously replace low quality cashmere. Just my two cents. Sorry it's so long! :smile: