Love The Spy? Why?

katgrrrl

Aug 17, 2006
I can't wait to (finally) get my 1st spy bag!!! I don't know what it is about this bag! I MUST HAVE IT! I wasn't interested in it when I first saw it (on TV), but got interested once I was introduced to the secret compartments ITF. I still can't put my finger on why I'm so obsessed with this bag. With all the fabulous bags out there, why can't I stop thinking about the spy!!?!?:wtf:

What about you all? What about the spy made you realize that you had to have one?

I don't have one but I am dying for a honey or cognac!! I think the leather is so yummy and they go with everything... to me, that makes them perfect!! (I am a LV fan and jumping over to Fendi as soon as find what I am looking for!)

I agree with you

I don't have one but I am dying for a honey or cognac!! I think the leather is so yummy and they go with everything... to me, that makes them perfect!! (I am a LV fan and jumping over to Fendi as soon as find what I am looking for!)

I agree with you
I totally agree with you! I used to really dislike them too, but when I started paying attention to the leather and its drape, the simple yet intricate style, I was hooked. the leather is insane, the colors are scrumptious, they go with everything, and they're light as feather. I'm a real color and texture junkie, and these bags are the death of me! I can't get enough. :love:

...and they're light as feather.

Hi Decophile. That's one thing that really surprised me, how light the spies are! To me, the leather looks so thick, like it might have some weight to it. Like, my Miu Miu Coffer has a bit of weight to it when it's empty. I really expected the Spy to be heavier. Ooooooh, I can't wait to get mine!:drool:

Just a question for all of you Spy owners who have had them for a long time........do the handles hold up very well, or have they come unwoven at all........that's my only concern right now, and I am asking Santa for one for Christmas.......thank you!

I'm picking up my first Spy bag on Monday morning. I can't wait! It's like being 9 years old and waiting for your birthday to come. I thought the Spy was so ugly at first, but now I absolutely love it. I've been saving for this one for quite a while. I feel so shallow.

I'm picking up my first Spy bag on Monday morning. I can't wait! It's like being 9 years old and waiting for your birthday to come. I thought the Spy was so ugly at first, but now I absolutely love it. I've been saving for this one for quite a while. I feel so shallow.
Don't feel shallow. You're echoing an unusally common sentiment, or I should say, series of sentiments, that many of us experience with the Fendi Spy. I for one am as stunned by how much I used to dislike Spys as I am by how much I love them now.

I never disliked the spy, but was a bit alarmed when I first saw one, as use to bags being able to completley close with a zip or something. Was not use to the fact that the spy compartment just hang over the top of the bag to close it, which now I think is brilliant as so easy, but was concerned with the safety aspect of it.
I think its the leather of the bag the more bubbly the better - roll on new Spys for 2007

I love the leather, the colors, and the overall aesthetic of the bag. And something about knowing that I'm carrying a Spy bag gives me a fabulous feeling that I don't get when I carry any other bag. Silly, I know.