Narrow flip flops... do they exist!?

BagHound

O.G.
Jun 10, 2006
Surely I can't be the only person on the planet with narrow feet. It is SO annoying not to be able to buy cute flip flops like Havaianas... they fall right off my feet! I have tried on a zillion styles/brands... and occasionally find some that work initially, but as they get broken in, get loose and fall off. I seriously think the flip flop makers are missing out by not making them in narrows. Anyone out there in the same boat? Had any luck finding brands that run narrow?

Baghound,

I just recently bought some Coach flip flops on sale for $39.99. They are blue with little beads on the straps. They are somewhat narrow. I don't know if that is what you're looking for but they are cute and if you call some Coach stores that carry shoes you might find some.

I got mine at the Pacific Place store in Seattle.

Baghound

Mephisto makes a sandal style named Helen that is a thong, almost like a flip flop that runs narrow. All the Mephisto sandals that start with H (Heidi, Hafina) have the same last and are all on the narrow side. Zappos and others have the Helen. Comes in several colors and is comfortable.

My feet are narrow too and I know how hard it is to find shoes, especially sandals and boots, that fit!!!

I have the same problem! I found some really narrow flip flops in 2006 at Old Navy. They were simple rubber/plastic wedge flip flops that came in plain black, silver, and bronze. I ordered two pairs of each! In 2007 I ordered them in navy and they were wider but still wearable. I don't see the same flip flops on their website in 2008 but nevertheless, I would give Old Navy a try. You might have to buy a flat style instead of a wedge. A lot of their styles look pretty narrow. Good luck!!!

I have the same problem! I thought i was the only one. I have a couple pairs of Reefs, but can only wear one because the other is so worn in that it has stretched out. My feet end up sliding all over..
I have super high arches and size 4.5/5 feet too, so i've kind of lost hope of finding some that work..

I have the same problem with narrow feet. I normally wear a 7.5 and in most of the cute flip flops, a 7 feels good but a tad short. An 8 is the right length, but too wide. I have recently purchased 2 pairs of Tommy Hilfiger (one leather & one ribbon upper) both in a size 8, and they fit a little snugger than the other brands I have tried. At least they don't fall of my feet!!
I'm going to look for the Rainbow Brand that other people have suggested.

Rest assured, you are not the only one with this problem! I have very narrow feet and am cursed with a shoe fetish. If I could fit into all the shoes I love, I'd have hundreds of pairs!

There are a couple I've found online.
Born - Raffia makes a thong style that isn't "narrow" but has an adjustable strap so you can customize for your foot.

Ugg also makes a similar one that you can add holes to make the strap tighter.

Hope this helps!

Havianas have a narrow version of their flipflops (thongs as I know them :biggrin:)... I've seen them around all my local surf stores, my sister needs them for herself.

They're called the slim haviananas, I'm pretty sure they're narrower than usual, their band is also narrower which looks quite nice.

JCrew actually makes some really cute flip flops that are perfect for narrow feet. The style is called Capri and they come in a variety of colors and embellishments. The one drawback is that they're nice leather -- which means they're not great for wearing to the beach and getting wet/scuffed up and so forth. Still worth a look, though, especially if you'd prefer something slightly dressier anyway!

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WomenBrowse/Women_Shop_By_Category/shoes/flatsandals.jsp

Havianas have a narrow version of their flipflops (thongs as I know them :biggrin:)... I've seen them around all my local surf stores, my sister needs them for herself.

They're called the slim haviananas, I'm pretty sure they're narrower than usual, their band is also narrower which looks quite nice.

I second Havaianas. The slim version is as comfy as the normal version and they still have lots of cute designs.

So...I was excited to read about these in the postings, here, but upon researching these flip flops on the Havaianas Official site, come to find out, that these are not narrow-sized flip-flops...in fact they only come in a medium width. They are called slim because the straps are thinner than on their regular flip-flops. Boo.

Oh well. I think the best best for us narrow-footed girls is to find a flip-flop with an adjustable strap. Still looking....

Happy Shopping, ladies!