Chanel less flashy than Louis Vuitton... think so?

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
My boyfriend indulged me with an inane conversation about handbags yesterday. He asked why I don't carry LV which is everywhere here in Chicago. I said that bag for bag, it struck me that LV was a lot more conspicious than Chanel bags, especially many of their limited edition items (I'm thinking fushia denim with logos, for example). I personally think that even Chanel's more stand-out bags are a bit more subtle. He disagrees. What do you ladies think?

I mostly agree.Off the top of my head I cannot think of any Chanel bag w/ a repeating logo everywhere like LV.However, the Epi Line is pretty discreet.But if you compare each designer's collection to one another, I'd say Chanel is definitely more subtle logo-wise.One of my favorite things about Chanel is the immense amount of styles, textures, colors, etc . . . and mostly that I do not see them on even a daily basis around here! :biggrin:But I do see a lot of LV {or fake LV} and Coach.

I don't know. . . . I guess it's all relative.I know FOR SURE that people don't notice right away that I'm carrying a Chanel, but you can't miss that repeating logo on my LV.Obviously, not every bag is this way.Just like I said not all LV's are logo'd, not all Chanel's are. . . . in fact, there's a lot of Chanel that doesn't have a logo at all - just look at the Reissues or the new pony hair bags.

It would really depend on the bag. Like if you take the Cerf vs. say a MC Speedy, the Speedy would be more flashy. But if you took a black Epi Alma vs. (sorry I'm a Chanel newbie so I don't know all the names...insert name of flashier Chanel bag here! :lol: ) :shrugs: Overall I'd say LV has more lines that are flashier like MC, perfo, limited edition stuff, Suhali (the metal studs) and even just the monogram.
But I love both brands...it's nice that both have understated bags and fun/flashy bags. :flowers:

Oh my goodness--I am here in Chicago too! And I agree with you--I believe that chanel is more subtle but more versatile also--plus I am bias to chanel anyway--you know Chanel gives you everything--various colors to choose from, modern yet conservative styles, and of course the designer label--how can LV compete---LOL:smile:

Are you kidding? Whith those HUGE C's? Even when the C's are the same color as the bag, it's still pretty loud!

That's exactly what my boyfriend said! More often than not, however, I find the big CC logo more subtle than the repeating LVs... and more than it should happen, I come across people who think the CC logo = Coach!:shrugs:

In general, Chanel doesn't scream as much a LV does which is why I don't particularly like LV except for small goods in Epi. The rest is just too logoed and loud for me, I'm afraid.

I mostly agree.Off the top of my head I cannot think of any Chanel bag w/ a repeating logo everywhere like LV.However, the Epi Line is pretty discreet.But if you compare each designer's collection to one another, I'd say Chanel is definitely more subtle logo-wise.One of my favorite things about Chanel is the immense amount of styles, textures, colors, etc . . . and mostly that I do not see them on even a daily basis around here! :biggrin:But I do see a lot of LV {or fake LV} and Coach.

my mother has a cream chanel that has repeating CHANELs all over it =p but it doesn't look tacky haha! but discreet? hell no.. ;)