When it just doesn't suit you...

SCL

Dec 23, 2005
Stopped by H yesterday to satisfy my cravings...I learned...

I am quite attracted to brighton blue...tried a small evelyn and medium sized bolide on display...if that bolide would have been a birkin... I do like the medium bolide...a possibility...

I tried on the massai...well...let's just say it looked much nicer on CBK than on me...so...it is official...no massai at any time for SoCal...

I tried on the evelyn...hmm...had never really looked at the evelyn before...was pleasantly suprised...the larger size fit me much better than the smaller size...but... Does it look strange hanging down at one's side? Is it meant to be worn messanger style? I am not comfortable with messanger style bags (a bit too busty)...

I tried on the black lizard mini-plume...OMG...put it back! Definitely meant to be worn by a petite pretty 'lil thing...let's just say the proportions were way off...

Tried the small PB...too small...tried the large (?) PB...too large...

No birkins (well, I do not count the black diamond croc) and no kellys (I do not count the large travel kelly)...

So, no temptation at H...went to Saks and brought home a new pair of Manolos...

What did you do/learn yesterday?

SoCal, you had a Goldilocks kind of day. Yesterday I found the 23cm Sac en V was the right size for me, the 35cm was just too big. Found the leather fringed shawls were just too big. Even though I hate orange, I am drawn to tangerine.

SoCal, you had a Goldilocks kind of day. Yesterday I found the 23cm Sac en V was the right size for me, the 35cm was just too big. Found the leather fringed shawls were just too big. Even though I hate orange, I am drawn to tangerine.

So true...

I also find the leather fringed shawls to be too big...and the cashmere poncho to be too short...

I am drawn to potiron...but I wear so much black...I am afraid of looking "Halloween"...it may be a color I need to enjoy on others...

Oh next birkin, where art thou? Or will you be a bolide? Is there a kelly for me? Must also investigate the new PB size...

Rose , i know the feeling i have a big store credit 7000 dollars and can i find one thing to buy not a chance ..... am trying to be patient but lord it is hard ie burning a hole in my bearn hard!!!!

Hmmm I've always wondered about the Massai too...there's one in my store shelf that's been there forever. And call it a mentality thing, but if I see it there for a year and it still doesn't sell, I'm not keen to even try it. It's like, "nobody wants it so I won't even go there..." not at all adventurous but Socal has got me thinking, maybe I should at least try it and see how it wears on me before forming a proper opinion..

On another note, there's a residential craftsman in my store and I watched him finish making a gorgeous Marron Fonce Kelly. After finishing the bag, he says he has to send it back to Paris and they will probably cut it and bin it <gasp>

He can't even put his blindstamp on it coz "it's not made in Paris..." What an absolute waste :sad: I would gladly have taken it home :smile:

:yes: It's so funny, I think the Evelyne is the one H bag that "works" for me. I tried on a lot of bags yesterday. All of them very nice but none of the others make me think "oh, I have to have it" except maybe the Birkin. :shrugs: (The Cerf on the other hand :graucho: I tried it on yet again and I do have to have that one and DH finally agreed...*sigh* in a few months :lol: )

I don't know what it is. You all know I'm a huge fan of H but nothing has wowed me lately. Maybe I'm just meant to be a one Hermes bag girl with a LOT of pochettes and scarves. :lol:

Oh, and I wear my Evelyne on my side non-messenger style all the time. :flowers: Or you can shorten the strap with a scarf and then it's more of a "shoulder" bag.

CB, You can try out my birkin in November to test "fit"... If you like the cerf, you may like the birkin (I also like the cerf)... :yes:

Birkingirl...OM...a $7000 credit with nothing to love...perhaps someone can work out a trade with you! :graucho:

Would love to see a gorgeous muffler-style H scarf...in solid or bi-color...

I had an ah-ha moment this afternoon...I love the birkin, like the bolide, and would like to try a medium size PB...all hand/arm held bags... In terms of shoulder bags, Chanel totes seem to work better for me...I am now thinking...why fight it? Chanel for shoulder, Hermes for arm... I really only need one shoulder bag per season and can continue to build my Hermes "arm" collection... :shame:

Learned last week that no matter how hard I try, I am not an Evelyn nor a Massai girl. Nope! And I really, really did try.

Also learned that not matter what I do I look like a complete dweeb in an Herbag! :shrugs:

Thanks So Cal...your Birkin is :love:!!!!

I still wish I would've had the $7800 for that small orange suede Birkin I saw in SF months and months ago. I swear that bag will haunt me. :lol:

I'm just thinking why fight it too...the Cerf is perfect for what I'm looking for and I finally convinced DH. :lol:

Still hoping for a Birkin in 2008 though. :graucho:

Stopped by H yesterday to satisfy my cravings...I learned...

I tried on the evelyn...hmm...had never really looked at the evelyn before...was pleasantly suprised...the larger size fit me much better than the smaller size...but... Does it look strange hanging down at one's side? Is it meant to be worn messanger style? I am not comfortable with messanger style bags (a bit too busty)...

i have one in etoupe and i use it all the time. i used to see them hanging on people and think they looked so odd..but they are really light, hold a light and have a certain throw-away chic that is hard to describe until you actually wear one. i am amazed that more people don't like them. i am thinking of getting a few in other colors..over time....