"liquidated" LV stock?

MissThing

Sep 13, 2006
I've just found a topic on the ebay discussion boards where someone is claining they got new LV stock from a liquidator!!

seeing as LV only sell their stuff direct, this is impossible, right?

Also, whatever does not get sold, prior to destruction, gets sold at the Internal Sale (PS - Personnel Sale) and then if it still doesn't sell, then it gets destroyed. :supacool:

Those PS's only happen 1-2x a year and the items go for literally just above production costs.

i.e. a Speedy 25 Monogram will sell for $70-80-$100 whereas in-store it goes for $620. The profit margin is what gives LV its revenue, of course! :idea:

Nope.

LV does not EVER go on sale!

Actually, this is one of my reasons why LV is my fav handbag brand...I do not want to pay retail for, say, a Saleya, just to find next month that it was put on sale!! :sad:

Also, whatever does not get sold, prior to destruction, gets sold at the Internal Sale (PS - Personnel Sale) and then if it still doesn't sell, then it gets destroyed. :supacool:

Those PS's only happen 1-2x a year and the items go for literally just above production costs.

i.e. a Speedy 25 Monogram will sell for $70-80-$100 whereas in-store it goes for $620. The profit margin is what gives LV its revenue, of course! :idea:

Wow! Now, that's a great benefit!:sweatdrop: So in a way, they do go on sale! :nuts: Everyone who works at LV should have no reason not to owe one.;) One can only assume that there would be restrictions, such as number of items you can purchase and that you can't resale them?:shrugs: