Punching Holes in Belts Question

sonya

Feb 23, 2006
I need a couple holes punched into too-large belts. Any idea where I can get this done? (At the shoe repair place? etc?) I have no clue! Any place in New York/Boston/Chicago.

Thank you! :flowers:

I have a leather hole puncher and it's SO nifty!
It has a revolving puncher w/ different size hole makers so there's a right size for any job.

Any shoe/purse repair shop can do this for you, but if they sell a leather hole puncher like what swanky described, i'd just buy one. I'm guessing they might also sell it at the cobbler?

Thanks. Never thought of that!

What kind of hole punch is this? There are so many different styles, not sure if they are used for the same purpose. Also, I'm not very strong....

I really need this! I have so many too large belts!

leather hole punch - Froogle

Sorry, sonya, I forgot to check back! :Push:

I'd get the professional (revolving) one. It costs more, but it is probably sharper, which means that you should find it easier to punch the hole and get a better finish. :yes:

In terms of strength, I couldn't punch holes with one as a little child (my Mum had one), but by the the time I was 10 or 11 years old I could just about do it; so you should be OK (unless you have tiny hands - I think it's more about leverage than brute strength).

They are so useful and easy to use; you just try each of the 'prongs' in one of the existing holes, until you find the exact fit and then measure the distance between the existing holes, make a mark with a pen and then punch. Easy! :biggrin: