ARGGGGG! Scratched my Ano.....

S'Mom

Resistance is Futile
O.G.
Apr 8, 2006
yep.... A teeny scratch on the horn part from carrying a granite cobble from my car into the UPS Store! :hysteric:

Anyone know if this can be buffed out or something?

She's just about a week old and alrady showing signs of being well "loved".....

Oiy D! YIKES! I feel your pain, I scuffed up mine a teeny bit already too, and she's barely two days old so I've been wondering the same thing. Does anyone know what the material is? Resin?

don't worry ladies. it wasn't all slick and shiney when it came off the buffalo -- just needs to be repolished.

that said, it is a fairly soft, organic material -- rather like tortoise shell -- and if you wear it, it will inevitably become scratched. so just be careful not to gouge it, and it can be repolished every so often to get rid of surface scratches. or you can let it develop a vintage patina.

don't worry ladies. it wasn't all slick and shiney when it came off the buffalo -- just needs to be repolished.

that said, it is a fairly soft, organic material -- rather like tortoise shell -- and if you wear it, it will inevitably become scratched. so just be careful not to gouge it, and it can be repolished every so often to get rid of surface scratches. or you can let it develop a vintage patina.
Hermes 101.:lol:

Oh, there's a wonderful write-up about the Lacquered Horn items in last season's Le Monde! It's the issue where I first saw these Ano cuffs and almost dropped on the spot from desire! Here's some pics from Le Monde....

Attachments

• anomag.jpg
    anomag.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 90
  • anomag2.jpg
    anomag2.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 96