Quality of New Dustbags

smallfry

My Sweet Angel
O.G.
Dec 18, 2005
The last few items I have purchased come with some really flimsy dustbags :yucky:. They are 100% cotton and are so thin and cheap looking. All my goods came from the LV store too, so I know the dustbags are authentic. They should bring back the older, softer ones - don't you think?

the stiching on my LH dust bag has come apart...I was going to contact them then figured I do not want the hassle...I do agree with you!!!love your dog...he/she is super cute!!!

I think you got the last dust bags....kind of thin, more of a canvas feel?

They have already changed them to a softer more chamios type...not as soft as the ones 2 years ago...but much better than the in between ones.

I have the older felt dustbag and the overlocking is becoming unstitched...but the new cotton drill dustbag is getting really dirty rolling in my bag and protecting my groomie...I'm undecided

Yeah, I like the newer ones. They used those stiffer cotton ones for awhile but the new ones are a bit softer, like twinkle.tink said :yes:
Of course, my favorites were definitely the older ones..those were the best.

Yes! I loved that one so much too! :yes:

I think LV was just cutting corners to make a bit more $ when they changed over to the new styles.

If enough people complain, they might just bring back the old style - who knows ? ;)
I love the drawsting one too! Not very soft but I can store both my 35 and 40 unfolded in them. :yes:

Yes! I loved that one so much too! :yes:

I think LV was just cutting corners to make a bit more $ when they changed over to the new styles.

If enough people complain, they might just bring back the old style - who knows ? ;)

although the previous ones are scratchy and cheap-looking, i think they weren't merely cutting corners. i heard the old flannel dustbags had some issue with Vernis leather and water retention/colour migration or something like that. that's why they shifted to the linen-y bags for a bit. then customers probably complained about the yellow ones too :yes:

the new thicker cotton ones with the better drawstrings are perfect!