?? About the ring that attaches the pull to the zipper...Please help

Rockerchic

O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
I was reading the Paddy auth tips and came upon this one...
"The rings on the zippers are thicker in authentic paddys, and they get a bit narrower on the part that they attach to zip. The rings in fakes are thin all around (without any narrower part) - sorry the pic is a bit blurry but as you you can see there's definitely a narrower part on a thick ring in auth paddy"

I have two paddy satchels and noticed that one it as sonja describe above and pictured in the auth thread and the other is thin...Is this a true hallmark of a fake --or is this just a paddington inconsistency? thanks

Would really appreciate the help and would have never thought this bag was a fake if I did not see that tip....Hoping that it is one of those little inconsistencies!

Attachments

• paddy zip 001_1.jpg
    paddy zip 001_1.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 58
  • paddy zip 002_1.jpg
    paddy zip 002_1.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 53
Hey Mac, there was some gal that said her very early tan had the thin rings all the way around. Sonja and I were anxiousoly waiting for her pics but I don't remember seeing.. I think another gal confirmed her early bag was like that too. :idea:

Yes I think dophinmile's vanilla 05 also had thick rings all around so now I can see I was wrong with that point:shame: ....It looks like at least first season's paddys had thick rings all around..?
Macp6 it would be great if you could post a piccie of your bag's ring on auth tips thread:flowers: Sorry my tip was misleading, I really thought it's supposed to be like that in all paddingtons

Yes I think dophinmile's vanilla 05 also had thick rings all around so now I can see I was wrong with that point:shame: ....It looks like at least first season's paddys had thick rings all around..?
Macp6 it would be great if you could post a piccie of your bag's ring on auth tips thread:flowers: Sorry my tip was misleading, I really thought it's supposed to be like that in all paddingtons

Yep, you are totally right! These rings of my vanilla paddy are just the same as macp6's. :yes:

So don't worry, macp6, it just means your paddy is true and special! ;)