$5K To Spend

taxvixen

O.G.
Aug 27, 2006
I'm curious- if you had $5k to spend (let's assume this is not $$ being saved for a Birkin or Kelly etc. purchase, but instead is money you have available and don't need for anything else) what, if any, H things would you purchase (oh, and I've ignored sales tax, shipping charges etc. for this little exercise) .

Here's my answer:

Vintage Black Box 32 cm Kelly in good condition (app. $3k) (am I being realsitic??)

Vintage non-Kelly or Birkin H bag I could wear everyday- Berlingot, Christine etc. (app. $1,200)

1 new pochette ($100)

1 new twilly ($120)

Vintage H scarf (app. $280)

Vintage enamel or leather H bracelet ($300)

TV

Hmm. That's tough. My first instinct would be to put it in a fund for a birkin. But if I can't do that...

I'd buy the asymmetrical shearling vest from this year's A/W RTW! (hmm... assuming that's enough - I saw one in London and fell in love with it at approx. GBP 3000+)

LOL...I would spend the $$$ to fly to Buenos Aires, Australia, or Europe and purchase a birkin or kelly with the $$$ saved in the "other" account...

If I had to spend the $$$ at my local H boutique (and could not apply it to a birkin/kelly), I would consider/select from a chain d'ancre bracelet, agenda, scarf (not a shawl this time), muffler, massai, trim, PB (unsure of retail price), bolide (+ the difference as I have gone over here), or Garden Party...I would need to do a bit more research before making final decisions (still more likely to travel if option was available)...

$5K only? Then it would have to be a Plume Elan! $5K exactly and one GORGEOUS bag!!!!!!

...ok...see how I get sidetracked? I SHOULD use it to by the vintage Black Box Kelly I've been talking about in the other thread and then use what's left over for a few small leather goods! Oiy....

gazoo and SoCal- Ugh- I forgot that I want a Bolide too- hmmm I might need to rethink my list. I have started thinking about how great an ostrich Bolide would be (costs more than $5k of course).

gina- shearling vest??? Mmmmmm if only such a thing were needed where I live in Soouther Caliifornia!!

I forgot to answer the question: This one is REALLY easy for me

I would buy a Kelly from a trusted reseller, preferably Gold or BLACK BOX or maybe even Blue Jean. Hell, i wouldn't even be that picky - just gimme the Kelly!

shoes- that bleu roi Kelly is great looking!! I've promised myself my next Kelly will be black box no matter what because it is so easy to get side-tracked into purchasing one of the other great colors and never wind up with a black box (I've been reading the other thread on black box kellys ). But bleu roi is one that would be near the top of my non-black list.

hmm.. 5k, huh? well, I will buy another plume, several scarves for the left-over, and if there's a bit more money left, the azap wallet.. that seems to be a real practical wallet so i want one..

gina- shearling vest??? Mmmmmm if only such a thing were needed where I live in Soouther Caliifornia!!

TV - it's basically this cropped shearling but without the sleeves. That said, the pictures do not do it justice!

hermes.jpg