Do Chanels ever go on sale?

tods123

Sep 16, 2006
Ladies,

I have my eye on the small diamond shine in red. I am just wondering if it's worth it to wait to see if it will be on sale. I do know that some designers never go on sale, even at the big after Xmas Neimans' or Sak's sales.

There will be a sale around the December/January timeframe but no one knows what styles are included until Chanel releases the information to the stores.

Unfortunately, I doubt it would go on sale anytime soon. Usually, it's discontinued lines that go on sale. And, alot of the lines that do very well seem to sell out. But, you never know. I do think their sale begins in Jan.

Thanks to all for your input. You just confirmed what I knew all along, that it's probably pointless to hope for some justification for a purchase like this, just need to take the plunge! :P

Some Chanel goes on sale, but the SA won't know until they get the paper work telling them what is and what isn't on sale. It's never much of a discount and it's usually only 1/3 off. Even then, the place is crazy with customers.

By the way, I've seen items go on sale and when the sale is over, the item is right back at its regular price. The SA will not mark it down again... because they can't. The Head Office is very intolerant/unforgiving that way.