Tech Anyone with a "Mac" computer? I am dumb lol

Mattd7474

Bronzed
Mar 2, 2006
so I am sitll slow on this thing, got it last august lol

how do you do a "PRINT SCREEN" like on a windows computer... on windows it has a PRINT SCREEN button which literally copies the entire page or w/e your looking @ and you cant paste it in PAINT or something...

also is there a program like paint on a mac?

PM me if you know these answers... I always forget to check things outside of designer threads lol

from tech support on MacRumors.com:

1) To capture the whole screen: COMMAND, SHIFT, 3

2) To capture a window, dock, menu bar, etc: COMMAND, SHIFT, 4, then press spacebar to choose.

3) To capture a selection: Same as 2 but don't press spacebar, instead click and drag mouse.

4) Go to Macintosh HD, Applications, Utilities, and click on Grab.

BTW: when you get a screen shot, it saves to the desktop as a PDF file and not to the clipboard.

On a Mac, it's called a screen shot, not a print screen.

Just like Chrystal said above, just press command (the apple key) + shift + 3.

Also, if you want to only crop a certain image on your screen, you can click command + shift + 4, and then a crossbar will show up and you take it as you would a crop tool and voila—it takes a pic of the cropped spot on your screen.

Works better than a screen shot.

Also, it automatically saves it as a jpg, not a pdf on your desktop.

I use iPhoto to tweak things - it doesn't do all the things that Paint does but comes close enough. If you use PhotoBucket you can upload your picture there and then add text and other things that are missing in the iPhoto app.

Also, if you want to only crop a certain image on your screen, you can click command + shift + 4, and then a crossbar will show up and you take it as you would a crop tool and voila—it takes a pic of the cropped spot on your screen.

Thank you!! All this time (4+ years) I've been command + shift + 3'ing then cropping the image in Preview. Pretty straight forward but this is much easier!

I use iPhoto to tweak things - it doesn't do all the things that Paint does but comes close enough. If you use PhotoBucket you can upload your picture there and then add text and other things that are missing in the iPhoto app.

can you resize photos in iphoto,i'm not having much luck,when it says custom ,i put in 100x800,but photo stays the same,so i cant post in threads from my own photo's.sorry if wasnt suppose to ask that here,but mac users!,at last:yahoo:

My friend has a MAC and I love it, it's just a screen as opposed to a pc and a flat screen.

I am reluctant to get a MAC since the world is so "PC" and when I had an IMAC several years ago I could never open half of the emails my friends sent me. Has the compatibility issue gotten better?